Boy I'd rather be sailing than in this snow storm

karen116

Just thinking back to our cruise New Years Eve, and thinking ahead to our Thanksgiving cruise.........would love to be sailing right now rather than watching the snow fall! Anyone have any favorite memories from their cruise, or anything that they are really looking forward to on their next cruise?

I am cold too

Just thinking back to our cruise New Years Eve, and thinking ahead to our Thanksgiving cruise.........would love to be sailing right now rather than watching the snow fall! Anyone have any favorite memories from their cruise, or anything that they are really looking forward to on their next cruise?

On our next cruise we'll be returning to Costa Maya, one of our favorite ports, and visiting Belize for the first time. The Miracle will also be a new ship for us so we have a lot to look forward to in a few months. We used to cruise twice a year, but we've been in "drydock" until this cruise which will be almost two years to the day since our last one.

It's 27 here and has been snowing lightly all day. Not even enough to look pretty. I wanna go where it's warm!

WE will be there - any suggestions??

Sure! First, remember to check the Ports of Call forum for things that others have done.

Now, when you arrive, you have a choice of excursions offered by the ship and possibly some locals in the back behind the tourist area who will offer some as well. We didn't use any of them. Instead, we took a taxi, $5 roundtrip per person, to the village of Mahahual just down the road. A quiet, little place, just beginning to become commercialized but nothing like Cozumel.

The first time there we had the taxi drop us at an unnamed beach just across from a restaurant that served us on the beach. Great salsa and $2 Dos Equis beer. I had a massage on the beach for $20/half hour. That left me limp! :D We didn't venture too far from the beach to shop. The prices of some of the vendors there are much better than the ones you may encounter back in Costa Maya. I found a nice hammock $18 and a couple of beautiful hand made and decorated plates for my collection 2/$40.

Back at Costa Maya, we checked out the few stores and vendors and had a couple of drinks before heading back to the ship.

Next time, we're going back to Mahahual, but this time we're heading to Pez Quadro. We'll do it on our own instead of pre-booking with them. I don't believe I could drink enough to justify their price! LOL I understand there is a restaurant across from this beach as well and we're looking forward to a nice relaxing beach day with food, drinks and gorgeous water. And if I find that plate vendor again, look out!

It has been snowing all day here!! Took a drive over to the states (Detroit) to check out our preflight hotel. We wont be heading over till the night before around 10:30 so we wanted to make sure how to get there, got hockey game to go to first LOL

Less then 2 weeks and its GOOD BYE SNOW!!:D

That unnamed beach sounds just like us..... any more detail on how to find it would be GREAT!!

Sure! First, remember to check the Ports of Call forum for things that others have done.

Now, when you arrive, you have a choice of excursions offered by the ship and possibly some locals in the back behind the tourist area who will offer some as well. We didn't use any of them. Instead, we took a taxi, $5 roundtrip per person, to the village of Mahahual just down the road. A quiet, little place, just beginning to become commercialized but nothing like Cozumel.

The first time there we had the taxi drop us at an unnamed beach just across from a restaurant that served us on the beach. Great salsa and $2 Dos Equis beer. I had a massage on the beach for $20/half hour. That left me limp! :D We didn't venture too far from the beach to shop. The prices of some of the vendors there are much better than the ones you may encounter back in Costa Maya. I found a nice hammock $18 and a couple of beautiful hand made and decorated plates for my collection 2/$40.

Back at Costa Maya, we checked out the few stores and vendors and had a couple of drinks before heading back to the ship.

Next time, we're going back to Mahahual, but this time we're heading to Pez Quadro. We'll do it on our own instead of pre-booking with them. I don't believe I could drink enough to justify their price! LOL I understand there is a restaurant across from this beach as well and we're looking forward to a nice relaxing beach day with food, drinks and gorgeous water. And if I find that plate vendor again, look out!

That unnamed beach sounds just like us..... any more detail on how to find it would be GREAT!!

All I can tell you is that the restaurant across the street was a bright yellow! :) We had a great time there just digging our toes in the sand, talking with our friends and watching the ocean. I have some pictures from that trip. Costa Maya/Mahahual starts at picture #10.

http://community.webshots.com/album/93847874LCZtKG

My pleasure! If you get a massage on the beach, you might ask just what to expect for your money. I got a full back massage and I do mean full! All the way from the tips of my toes to my fingertips and everywhere inbetween. :D

I will ask!! Did you need a cigerette after????

My pleasure! If you get a massage on the beach, you might ask just what to expect for your money. I got a full back massage and I do mean full! All the way from the tips of my toes to my fingertips and everywhere inbetween. :D

We just found out that we will be heading to costa maya (were suppose to hit Coz), so thanks so much for the information.

I'm in the NYC area and we are expecting a blizzard tonight, they are saying that we should expect 12 plus inches of snow tonight/tomorrow. BRRRR its cold out there....

All I can tell you is that the restaurant across the street was a bright yellow! :) We had a great time there just digging our toes in the sand, talking with our friends and watching the ocean. I have some pictures from that trip. Costa Maya/Mahahual starts at picture #10.

http://community.webshots.com/album/93847874LCZtKG

Deb, was there a bar right there as well? Were there swings at the bar? Looks almost like Pez Quadro... and they are across from a YUMMY restaurant!!!!!

Ya'll stay warm!!!!

Deb, was there a bar right there as well? Were there swings at the bar? Looks almost like Pez Quadro... and they are across from a YUMMY restaurant!!!!!

Ya'll stay warm!!!!

Chris, nope. No swings or bar (they brought everything over from the restaurant) and I've seen YOUR pictures! LOL That's why we're trying Pez Quadro the next time. From what I understand we need to go further down the road to hit PQ. We were closer to where you enter the village.

Archived