Signature Dining Package

goinsoon

New to Holland and hoping to book for  2022 Baltic.  Where on the website can I find information on the Signature Dining Package?  Been playing on the webiste for several weeks and just can't find what you "get" with this package.  Thanking in advance!

36 minutes ago, goinsoon said:

New to Holland and hoping to book for  2022 Baltic.  Where on the website can I find information on the Signature Dining Package?  Been playing on the webiste for several weeks and just can't find what you "get" with this package.  Thanking in advance!

The signature dining package includes one dinner in the Pinnacle Grill and one in the Canaletto.

If you are looking at purchasing it, there is a tiny discount in price however you need to wait until you are on board to reserve your time.

Here are the details from the HAL site:

DEDBDEC5-B1AB-4CAC-BEFA-ADECDAF17EE5.thumb.png.1ee34bc9fce3147953a927da01824859.png

You can book Tamarind online prior to your cruise and are able to select the date and time you want.  You will pay at the time of booking.  If you wait to book until on board the price is the same but you could then use any On Board Credit (OBC) for the fee if you want.  By waiting you may or may not get the date and time you prefer so if the date is important to you I would recommend booking before the cruise.  I love Tamarind!

~Nancy

44 minutes ago, PoolSlider said:

One more question if I may (never booked with this before)- what about Tamarind on ships that have that restaurant? It’s not mentioned in the screenshot above.

Tamarind is a separate booking.  Follow @oakridger’s advice.

Once you book, you will see the dining reservations and when they open up you’ll be able to book.

Honestly for the small amount you save on the Signature Dining Package, if there is a date or time important to me, then I prefer to book it on line and not stress about getting it on embarkation day.

Depending on the ship and the itinerary, the good times and days can be limited.  The minimal savings for me isn’t worth it IF you are fussy on dates and times.  If you are flexible, then it’s a good deal.

I thought that if one was booked on a ship with Tamarind, the Signature Dining Package also included it.  I tried to confirm with my booking but the dining package screen is not coming up, right now.  PoolSlider, try to go into My Account on the HAL website.  Go into My Bookings, and click on the reservation code.  Then, under Cruise Activities, click on Dining Packages.  Scroll down until you find Signature Dining Package.  That is where you'll find the description, of the package, for your cruise.  IIRC, there might be a second dining package (Elite?) on newer ships that might include other restaurants so make sure you’re looking at the correct package.  

Thank you! The Signature package was included "free" with a promotion. It does not include Tamarind. The Distinctive package does. I wonder if you can upgrade by paying the difference?

***Based on logging into my booking.

Edited by PoolSlider

9 hours ago, PoolSlider said:

Thank you! The Signature package was included "free" with a promotion. It does not include Tamarind. The Distinctive package does. I wonder if you can upgrade by paying the difference?

***Based on logging into my booking.

I have no idea if you could pay the difference to upgrade but I wouldn’t count on it.  However, it couldn’t hurt to ask.  If not, you can always purchase Tamarind on your own as suggested previously.

Yep. But I’ve been to Pinnacle and I’m not a fan. I just did not care for the EE service. Canaletto is okay; it is what it is. So I kind of know what I’m getting. This is the first time I’ll be on a ship with Tamarind and I would trade the $50 for something different but as it is “free” we cannot look gift horses in the mouth.

11 hours ago, PoolSlider said:

Yep. But I’ve been to Pinnacle and I’m not a fan. I just did not care for the EE service. Canaletto is okay; it is what it is. So I kind of know what I’m getting. This is the first time I’ll be on a ship with Tamarind and I would trade the $50 for something different but as it is “free” we cannot look gift horses in the mouth.

I also got the dining package as part of my package. I was told that once onboard you could always ask the dining room manager to "switch" to the Tamarind in lieu of Pinnacle. However, that is highly dependent on availability and may be lower in chance for shorter cruises. As others have said, may be best to just book online in advance if you really wish to try it.