Future Cruise Credits - in Canadian dollars

melk

Hi all

Need some advice. We have FCC's in $Cdn. 

We just booked a November cruise on the Enchanted which is priced in $US.

Does Princess automatically convert our FCC's into $US to permit us to use against our November cruise?

Love to get some feedback.

Stay safe.

Melk.

7 minutes ago, melk said:

Hi all

Does Princess automatically convert our FCC's into $US to permit us to use against our November cruise?

Stay safe.

Melk.

If you booked with Princess or a Canadian TA pricing will be in Canadian dollars. 

Just now, dog said:

If you booked with Princess or a Canadian TA pricing will be in Canadian dollars. 

Bookings are in Canadian diolts as are your FCC. 
on-board charges will be in US dollars. Do not convert those, let your credit card company take care of it. 

1 hour ago, melk said:

Hi all

Stay safe.

Melk.

No they will not do the conversion to US dollars . The reason is they don't know what the rate was we you bought the FCD's. I asked my PVP that and that's what he said. If you try to use the FCD , the booking will automatically revert to CDN.

Princess will convert your CDN FCC at a rate of 1.35 if you choose to purchase your next cruise in usd but you'll have to call as the website doesn't permit this if you reside in Canada. 

I had a FCC in USD and they converted it to USD at the time of booking.

I sometimes purchase cruises in CAD and sometimes in USD, depending on which works out cheaper.  I've been able to use USD FCCs and FCDs on cruises purchased on CAD, and vice versa.  You need to call them and ask to them to do this.  Sometimes it can take a few days for them to convert the FCD and apply it.

On 12/10/2020 at 12:03 PM, dog said:

Yes, if Princess.com detects a Canadian-based IP address, it will present all cruise pricing in CAD (PITA, IMO as they ought to allow a selection of USD/CAD).

And obviously, a Canadian TA will be quoting CAD prices.  However, Princess can make a booking in USD for a Canadian customer on request.  That would be a good choice right now as Princess is dragging feet on adjusting the exchange rate.  Current 1.35 is bad (but then they also delayed bumping it up there when they could have done it sooner a while back).

On 12/10/2020 at 8:13 PM, deepcman said:

Princess will convert your CDN FCC at a rate of 1.35 if you choose to purchase your next cruise in usd but you'll have to call as the website doesn't permit this if you reside in Canada. 

I had a FCC in USD and they converted it to USD at the time of booking.

On 12/10/2020 at 11:17 PM, tanyaewa said:

Are you sure it was purchased in US dollars? Why did hat happen.  Princess always changes my website to CDN.  My OB shows in US but pays out in CDN

As mentioned, you can request a booking in USD.  I always book us in USD because we use a US-based discount TA.  OBC is always in the currency of the ship for the voyage involved.  Not sure why you would get a payout in CAD unless asked for it.  We never have any OBC left over to be refunded.

On 12/11/2020 at 1:54 PM, deepcman said:

I had to call in to book in usd and a header in my account says that this reservation is USD. I did this cause the princess exchange rate is higher than the banks and I believe it will continue to drop.

CORRECT - and smart move these days for sure.

On 12/11/2020 at 1:54 PM, westcoaster said:

I sometimes purchase cruises in CAD and sometimes in USD, depending on which works out cheaper.  I've been able to use USD FCCs and FCDs on cruises purchased on CAD, and vice versa.  You need to call them and ask to them to do this.  Sometimes it can take a few days for them to convert the FCD and apply it.

CORRECT.  The OP should be able to have his CAD FCC applied (I am wondering if the OP wrote about a real FCC or meant a FCD?).  It's even more confusing now if people use the wrong term as TONS of customers have true FCC's from cancelled voyages.  They may also have $100 FCD's on account at the same time (we do).  Princess can convert a FCD to the other currency, if being immediately applied to a booking - they won't do it for no reason.  A true FCC from a cancelled voyage is like cash in the Bank of Princess and should be able to be applied to any future voyage as additional payment towards the balance owing.  Talk to Princess about a conversion request.  

I buy all our FCD's in USD as that is what I make bookings in.  You have a choice when ordering FCD's.