Help with booked cruise deposits

dpws

Hi,

I have two cruises booked and due to what's happening at the moment I'm pretty sure I won't be going on either.

Does anyone know if it's possible to move both cruise deposits onto one single cruise for next year, many thanks

My totally unofficial view is that you cannot combine the two.

A bit more info would help - when are the cruises scheduled, and how much are the deposits?

Personally, I would move the largest deposit to a 2022 cruise, and wait until the last minute before deciding what to do about the other cruise.

However, it would appear that 2022 prices are increasing, so you should not delay too long before making a decision.

As always, just a personal observation. 

4 hours ago, terrierjohn said:

I think you need to phone P&O or your TA to get a definitive answer.

I'd agree - there doesn't seem to be a FAQ which answers this point specifically on the P&O website.

What I would say, to add to John and Wowzz's replies is phone P&O (assuming it's a direct booking) and if they say no, give it a day or two and perhaps try again. 

There are various tales of inconsistencies when it comes to P&O customer services - sometimes to the passengers benefit, other times not.  Doesn't harm trying!

It will help if you know the cruise you want to switch to and have perhaps checked the price online before you call, with any loyalty discount to which you may be entitled.  

4 minutes ago, No pager thank you said:

I'd agree - there doesn't seem to be a FAQ which answers this point specifically on the P&O website.

What I would say, to add to John and Wowzz's replies is phone P&O (assuming it's a direct booking) and if they say no, give it a day or two and perhaps try again. 

There are various tales of inconsistencies when it comes to P&O customer services - sometimes to the passengers benefit, other times not.  Doesn't harm trying!

It will help if you know the cruise you want to switch to and have perhaps checked the price online before you call, with any loyalty discount to which you may be entitled.  

The point about knowing exactly what you want to switch to, is excellent. Just asking a general "what if" question will give a woolly answer. If you say you want to book cruise X, using deposits from cruises A and B, you may get more success, especially if the deposits are relatively small.

If you wait for them to be cancelled, it is likely that your deposits will become 125% future cruise credit which you could almost certainly use on just one cruise. However, whilst you wait for them to be cancelled (which they may not be), prices are likely to rise. As others have said, take advice from those who know and can make and act on decisions, not those of us on here who make an educated guess. 

They let us combine 2 deposits and some FCC onto one cruise even though our TA said they wouldn’t allow us she was as surprised as we were so unless you ask you won’t know. I think they just make it up as they go along🤷‍♂️

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Manx buoy said:

They let us combine 2 deposits and some FCC onto one cruise even though our TA said they wouldn’t allow us she was as surprised as we were so unless you ask you won’t know. I think they just make it up as they go along🤷‍♂️

I agree.  Different answers from different people.  Don't ask, don't get!

• Like 2