Bermuda Cruise Ship Schedule 2021

Charles4515

Insignia looks like she's doing her season there earlier than in past years in July but with an interesting crossing from Amsterdam in September with a 1.5 day stop in St Georges (but not Hamilton) on her way to New York. 

The other little gem in the list I saw was the tiny Star Pride doing a trip from New York to San Juan with a day in Hamilton and day in St George on the way down (followed by a stop at St Barths). She was always such a nice little ship when she was with Seabourn. 

Norwegian Joy and Freedom of the Seas make Summit and Enchantment look downright quaint-- those passenger numbers are staggering. 

The saddest number though was the projected vs actual visits this year by passenger ships-- 196 scheduled vs 4 ships that actually made it. 

Always an interesting read-- thanks for posting that Charles. 

Bermuda currently has very strict restrictions due to COVID.  I think the big question will be if their government even allows any cruise ship to dock in 2021.  Just thinking out loud but suspect that the only way any ship will get permission to dock in Bermuda is if the ship enforces a mandatory vaccination policy with no exceptions.  But even this will likely be an issue if it turns out that vaccinated folks can still be a COVID carrier and spreader (yet to be determined).

Hank

1 hour ago, Hlitner said:

Bermuda currently has very strict restrictions due to COVID.  I think the big question will be if their government even allows any cruise ship to dock in 2021.  Just thinking out loud but suspect that the only way any ship will get permission to dock in Bermuda is if the ship enforces a mandatory vaccination policy with no exceptions.  But even this will likely be an issue if it turns out that vaccinated folks can still be a COVID carrier and spreader (yet to be determined).

Hank

The cruise ship schedule was published by the Bermuda government. I think that the Bermuda government and those of us who cruise regularly to Bermuda are aware that cruises to Bermuda might not actually happen in 2021. I have not booked any myself and I usually do one every year to Bermuda. I will not cruise to Bermuda or anywhere else until I am vaccinated. It remains to be seen whether Bermuda requires tourists to be vaccinated. I hope they do. 

On 12/26/2020 at 5:41 PM, Charles4515 said:

It remains to be seen whether Bermuda requires tourists to be vaccinated. I hope they do. 

I would think thats where they are headed- I overheard some small quip at the airport on arrival about how "once they have a vaccine we wont have to do this" and didn't think much of it at the time. 

They were super innovative in terms of their policies to allow a return of tourists this year. Having witnessed firsthand how seriously they take it all (which frankly made me feel really good about our decision to go there), I think it would be a foregone conclusion that Bermuda travel will eventually require proof of vaccination once its available to the main population.