Arvin & Emily Fans

pcakes122

So first let me say that last night I was preparing to go to bed early and miss the NYE countdown for the first time in my life.  I wasn't sad, but I was just blah and totally over 2020.  While I don't always cruise on NYE, I always cruise in December (my birthday month) and, like many of us, have been really miss cruising.

I follow Arvin & Emily on FB, but I haven't been on social media alot so I wasn't aware of what they've been up to.  However, last night at around 10 p.m. I saw a post that they were hosting a live NYE online show.  Well, it was amazing!  The show started at 11 pm and lasted through the 2021 countdown.  They sounded fabulous as ever and took requests and interacted with the (online) audience. I joined through my entertainment system and the sound quality was great. I felt like I was back on the Breakaway!  I went from moping around my house to (chair) dancing my way into the New Year!  It was awesome!

Anyway, sharing this here for other fans who have enjoyed Arvin & Emily on NCL. I didn't realize they are doing these online shows regularly - a great diversion if you are missing cruise entertainment!  I can't link their FB page here, but their streaming platform (which has their show schedule) is https://sessionslive.com/Emily701. The shows are free, but the platform does provide ways to support the artists.

Note:  I am in no way affiliated with Arvin & Emily. I am just a fan and I wanted to make this info available to their other fans. 😁

• Like 1

If  I remember correctly, wasn't Arvin the music director/band leader on the Breakaway around 2014? I needed a piano unlocked on my birthday (after attending a wine tasting lunch) and he was very gracious and friendly and we spoke about music.

Was he a cruise director later? 

I hope you have a return to cruising in your birthday month- my birthday at sea was one of my best.

3 minutes ago, HowardK said:

If  I remember correctly, wasn't Arvin the music director/band leader on the Breakaway around 2014? I needed a piano unlocked on my birthday (after attending a wine tasting lunch) and he was very gracious and friendly and we spoke about music.

Was he a cruise director later? 

I hope you have a return to cruising in your birthday month- my birthday at sea was one of my best.

Happy New Year! You may be thinking of Alvin who is an NCL Cruise Director. 😊  Here's a video of Arvin & Emily on NCL https://youtu.be/RXsrQjOYElM

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Just saw on Leo's (Leonardo Jostol) FB page that he has also joined the live sessions website and he will be doing his first live concert on February 16th from 8-9pm ET! 

I loved Leo on the Gem and I know that many others here have also enjoyed him from the Gem and other NCL ships!

Hopefully he will be doing regular sessions the same way that Arvin and Emily have been doing!  😊