Question About Dawn Balcony Cabin

SherriM

Pix below was from one of sister/sibling ships, the Jewel from 2011 - a bit old/outdated as the interior deco has been upgraded since (we're on her again not long ago, again ...) 

It should give you a good & accurate visual for the space & layout for the thin "couch" - convertible sleeper sofa/day bed.  Slightly wider than a typical twin bed at 38" or 39" wide but definitely not a full size bed - I would estimate it to be roughly about 43" or 44" in width, about the size of our futon sofa/bed in our guest/home office.  

It isn't very comfortable for an adult to sleep on with its minimal padding, ask for extra pads - when extended (3 sections) into a full length "bed" for night duty.  

Where's Dexdd these days, he's probably got a link to newer & better pix than me, specific to the Dawn.  

SDC10171.JPG

Edited by mking8288

Where am I?  Up too early having to go to work.  Where have you been, MKing?  I thought maybe you and the Mrs. had gone on your planned lobster run to the North and decided to stay.

Sherri, I had to think about it but Dawn and Star balcony category have max 3 people.  Dawn had major refurb couple years back but as a rule the couch likely size as MKing posted.

Do you have a room number we can try to check?

9 hours ago, dexddd said:

Where am I?  Up too early having to go to work.  Where have you been, MKing?  I thought maybe you and the Mrs. had gone on your planned lobster run to the North and decided to stay.

Sherri, I had to think about it but Dawn and Star balcony category have max 3 people.  Dawn had major refurb couple years back but as a rule the couch likely size as MKing posted.

Do you have a room number we can try to check?

14 hours ago, mking8288 said:

Pix below was from one of sister/sibling ships, the Jewel from 2011 - a bit old/outdated as the interior deco has been upgraded since (we're on her again not long ago, again ...) 

It should give you a good & accurate visual for the space & layout for the thin "couch" - convertible sleeper sofa/day bed.  Slightly wider than a typical twin bed at 38" or 39" wide but definitely not a full size bed - I would estimate it to be roughly about 43" or 44" in width, about the size of our futon sofa/bed in our guest/home office.  

SDC10171.JPG

Thanks so much! We ended up speaking with the Cruise Next consultant and it is 45 inches wide. This will be our smallest couch ever on a cruise, but a pretty port intensive cruise so won’t be a lot of lounging. Wanted a Club Balcony but they were only available on deck 11 which apparently is very risky ‘noise’ wise. And we are not good with noise. 😬 

• Haha 1