NCL Airport transfers - in advance vs on the ship?

Named-Tawny

Hello friends!

I'm cruising out of Reykjavik next year, and flying with NCL's air promotion.  I'm planning on calling them to get an arrival deviation to get to KEF a couple days early.  The plan right now is to remove the arrival transfers (because I can get it cheaper, and I'm planning on stopping at the Blue Lagoon on my way into town).

I'm wondering, instead, about the departure transfers.  Since I don't yet know when my flight time is, I don't know if it'll make sense to use their transfers for ease of being picked up at the port, or if I'd rather explore town a bit more and do the transfer separately.

I recall from my last cruise that you can always book departure transfers aboard the ship - does anybody have any concept of the cost to book on the ship, vs using the pre-added transfers that they include (for a fee) when you use the air promotion?  I suspect it'll be the same either way, but figured I'd ask people who might know to be sure.

Thanks!

8 hours ago, Named-Tawny said:

Hello friends!

I'm cruising out of Reykjavik next year, and flying with NCL's air promotion.  I'm planning on calling them to get an arrival deviation to get to KEF a couple days early.  The plan right now is to remove the arrival transfers (because I can get it cheaper, and I'm planning on stopping at the Blue Lagoon on my way into town).

I'm wondering, instead, about the departure transfers.  Since I don't yet know when my flight time is, I don't know if it'll make sense to use their transfers for ease of being picked up at the port, or if I'd rather explore town a bit more and do the transfer separately.

I recall from my last cruise that you can always book departure transfers aboard the ship - does anybody have any concept of the cost to book on the ship, vs using the pre-added transfers that they include (for a fee) when you use the air promotion?  I suspect it'll be the same either way, but figured I'd ask people who might know to be sure.

Thanks!

The price will be specific to the port and distance to the airport.  I don’t have that info for Reykjavik, but I have purchased the airport shuttle many times while on the ship in other ports.  Like you, I often don’t firm up those plans in advance.  I’ve usually had to pay between $30-60 per person.  

Edited by MeHeartCruising

5 minutes ago, MeHeartCruising said:

The price will be specific to the port and distance to the airport.  I don’t have that info for Reykjavik, but I have purchased the airport shuttle many times while on the ship in other ports.  Like you, I often don’t firm up those plans in advance.  I’ve usually had to pay between $30-60 per person.  

https://www.ncl.com/getting-to-the-pier/transfers-and-car-services

• Like 1