Strange email supposedly from Windstar

PSR

About 30 minutes ago I got an email from Windstar requesting all information for the credit card I used to book a (now cancelled) cruise. It said they only keep CC information for 165 days or something. This sounded strange to me. I am to call an "Operations" number to give them the info. It looks legit, but still suspicious. This is the first time I am getting a refund from Windstar. Is this a normal request?

Thanks for any information; they did not give me another number to call with a question,

Penny

Thank you; before your reply I called Windstar Reservations on another number and the agent looked at my rez and said they did need to get my information, and transferred me to another person at Operations. I gave them the information they needed, since at that point it sounded legit. If it isn't, it's very elaborate!!

• Like 1

I had a similar problem. I had replaced the credit card that I used to book my cancelled cruises, so they could not refund my cruises to that card. They ended up sending me a check. But never give out CC information to someone who calls you. Instead, hang up, look up the number, call back and give the information. That reduces the risk of fraud.

6 hours ago, gwblank3 said:

I had a similar problem. I had replaced the credit card that I used to book my cancelled cruises, so they could not refund my cruises to that card. They ended up sending me a check. But never give out CC information to someone who calls you. Instead, hang up, look up the number, call back and give the information. That reduces the risk of fraud.

Thank you; it was never a call but an email. I still wouldn't give out information without calling someone back at another number than the one in the email. I did, it was on the up-and-up, and I got my refund credit on my CC in a week.

• Like 1