Fundraising on Cruise Critic

LauraS

• Administrators

We very much appreciate the efforts of Silversea cruisers to collect funds for Silversea onboard staff during this pause to cruising. 

However, we have always had a NO FUNDRAISING of any kind guideline on our community forums.  Please review our guideline here:  Charitable Organizations & Fundraising

We encourage you all to continue to contribute as your heart sees fit on an individual basis.  However, we do ask that you not post seeking funds on Cruise Critic.

Thank you very much for your cooperation,

Laur

On 1/12/2021 at 11:36 AM, LauraS said:

However, we have always had a NO FUNDRAISING of any kind guideline on our community forums.  Please review our guideline here:  Charitable Organizations & Fundraising

While I understand the need for rules, and I understand the reasoning behind these guidelines, citing that "we've always done it this way" isn't good enough.

We've never (in our lifetimes) had a global pandemic. We've never had the entire cruise industry shut down for a year. Rather than enforcing a guideline that was developed when nothing of this magnitude could have been imagined, I'd encourage the powers that be at Cruise Critic look for ways to make unprecedented things happen during unprecedented times. 

• Like 7

• Administrators

We do understand, and encourage you all to contribute on an individual basis.  Thank you for your comments, I can assure you that they are appreciated.

Further comments to:  community@cruisecritic.com

• Like 1

• LauraS locked this topic