Carnival Splendor Fahrenheit 555

windsor26

Can anyone remember please, what nights the steak restaurant had a special offering a bottle of wine complimentary when you book that day? Also if we know can we pre book, also has the price gone up from the $38 mentioned in some threads

43 minutes ago, vwrestler171 said:

Ships in the US, have that offer on the first night onboard.  Price was $38 in the US as well. Not sure if prices are the same in Australia.  Is it not available on the Carnival Australia site?

Thanks I will look and see  could not find it when I looked before but will try again

9 minutes ago, Hunter69 said:

$55 In Australia.  That's $55 AUD. 

YES, First night, bonus bottle of wine..

Ouch - if the wine is about $30AUD that would still make the meal quite expensive... needs thinking about as I believe you can pay extra and have a fillet steak or similar in the main dining room???

On 1/16/2021 at 9:39 PM, windsor26 said:

Ouch - if the wine is about $30AUD that would still make the meal quite expensive... needs thinking about as I believe you can pay extra and have a fillet steak or similar in the main dining room???

Yes. That would be $42 USD NOW.

Last year would have been $33 USD. Our dollar has gone up considerably since our low Covid rates & the world's dependence on our Raw Materials.

Yes a bottle of wine goes for $28 AUD. It's Australian wine too, so the good stuff.

2 hours ago, Hunter69 said:

Last year would have been $33 USD. Our dollar has gone up considerably since our low Covid rates & the world's dependence on our Raw Materials.

Yes a bottle of wine goes for $28 AUD. It's Australian wine too, so the good stuff.

Well perhaps - as we would probably have bought 3 or 4 bottles during the 10 days 9 dinners so take one off the cost and it is not too onorous and the menu sounds amazing   much better than PRINCESS Steak house which we enjoyed very much one year (given as a perk from our TA)

The steakhouse on Splendor is excellent. Hard to do better anywhere. There are a number of prime beef suppliers in OZ and the wine is certainly OK. The best steakhouse in HK gets their beef from OZ.  You won't get the same steak in the main dining room, nor the service compared to the steakhouse. Wear nice clothes and enjoy a very good dining experience. My booking for OZ tells me that every extra will be available for purchase aboard. Excursions, spa, fun shops, premium dining etc. 

1 hour ago, Moviela said:

The steakhouse on Splendor is excellent. Hard to do better anywhere. There are a number of prime beef suppliers in OZ and the wine is certainly OK. The best steakhouse in HK gets their beef from OZ.  You won't get the same steak in the main dining room, nor the service compared to the steakhouse. Wear nice clothes and enjoy a very good dining experience. My booking for OZ tells me that every extra will be available for purchase aboard. Excursions, spa, fun shops, premium dining etc. 

Yes  thanks for the recommendation  I think I will pre book but closer to the september embarkation after I have paid in full   e do not know what may happen until it happens

49 minutes ago, windsor26 said:

Yes  thanks for the recommendation  I think I will pre book but closer to the september embarkation after I have paid in full   e do not know what may happen until it happens

We have dined twice in the Splendor Steakhouse. Worth every bit of the price.  You won't be sorry mate. 

I would double check in case things are different on the Splendor down under, but with the US based ships, besides getting the free bottle of house wine on night one, you have the option of buying any other bottles at a 50% discount.  You can buy as many bottles as you would like and then drink them over the course of your cruise throughout the ship with dinner.   Previously read about this in another thread.

When I dined in the steakhouse on Splendor out of Miami, the free bottle of wine was also offered in the steakhouse on the first elegant night of the cruise.

Instead of the free bottle of wine, I chose the option of buying multiple bottles of wine at 50% off and I was able to drink those bottles of wine later in the cruise in the Main Dining Room. They had a rule these bottles of wine needed to be opened the night they were purchased in the steakhouse.  I purchased twist off bottles instead of cork bottles so they did not bother opening the twist off.  I am not sure if this rule is still used.  Carnival does not seem to be consistent with the 50% off wine rules.

Edited by JohnSpo

9 hours ago, windsor26 said:

Dont believe you can pre-book, as @moviela stated all extras will be available for purchase once on board. That was what my booking stated too.

Edited by kdr69
incorrect
  • Thanks 1

18 hours ago, Hunter69 said:

The complimentary wine is Australian? Would it be a shiraz or is there a choice. The complimentary wine on US cruises is... well meh. Always have taken the 50% off the wine menu for the first night. Your dollar is creeping up to the canadian dollar now, almost at par. We have 3 cruises (spirit, splendorx2) booked for jan/feb 2022. Fingers crossed

5 hours ago, kdr69 said:

Dont believe you can pre-book, as @moviela stated all extras will be available for purchase once on board. That was what my booking stated too.

The australian log in site has a link to enable you to pre book the Fohrenheit 555 restaurant but does not give details re price today and th wine possibilities   I am guessing the option for purchase 50% off would only be offered in the US based ships as we do not get many of the same perks 

1 hour ago, windsor26 said:

The australian log in site has a link to enable you to pre book the Fohrenheit 555 restaurant but does not give details re price today and th wine possibilities   I am guessing the option for purchase 50% off would only be offered in the US based ships as we do not get many of the same perks 

Oh nice. Wish we could on the US site too lol.  Thanks for clarifying.

• 3 weeks later...
On 19/01/2021 at 9:05 AM, windsor26 said:

I might have to look into this. We just booked Splendour for 10th Aug for Queensland cruise. I just keep booking cruises in hope to soon get away.