Enchanted Princess Category D4

Gemnohamcm

We are currently booked in D202 for an upcoming cruise.  We are a bit nervous about being at the front of the ship due to my tendency to have a bit of seasickness at the beginning of a cruise.  Most of the forward cabins in this category are booked.

We've noticed the same category is available at the aft of the ship and ALL of the rooms are available - at the same cost.  I'm wondering why as I've always been under the impression that aft cabins are more desirable than forward cabins.  We are traveling with two other couples and we all want to be near each other so before we move cabins, does anyone have any idea why the aft cabins aren't booked?  Is there a difference between the forward and aft cabins in this class of ship?  Covered vs uncovered?  

Thanks for any advice!

I checked cruise deckplans and it appears the cabins are pretty equal.  It appears they have big balconies that are partially covered.  It is hard to know because the only pictures I can look at are the Sky Princess and you are going to be on the Enchanted Princess but they should be very similar.  The original Royal Class ships were very stable in the water.  Sky and Enchanted  are higher so may be a different ride. We try to get in the Lido or Marina deck forward facing cabins and absolutely love them, especially the club class mini suites.  They do get rocky occasionally but never that bad, at least in my experience.  I like the look of those D deck premium balconies, because the balconies are huge and partially covered.

I can't offer anymore advice, but I would look at where on the ship might be more convenient for you take the front or back depending on where you will be spending most of your time.  Oh, and sometimes the rear cabins shake a lot when thrusters are applied but again, I don't know for Sky and Enchanted Princess.

Here is a link to the video I saw of D417 on Sky Princess.  

DW and I have sailed on Royal, Regal, and Sky.  We actually prefer forward cabins on Dolphin deck and have completed at least 8 cruises with that location.   We have encountered zero problems and do not mind the slightly longer walks to other areas of the ship.

We personally love the D4 Aft category, love staring out at the sea from an Aft cabin, but that's all preference. We've equally enjoyed our cruises when we've been forward. I think the seasickness issue depends on itinerary. For example, I don't think I would do a crossing in a Forward cabin , but Caribbean or somewhere where the seas are smoother, I wouldn't hesitate. 

IMHO, the basic recommendations for people who are sensitive

to the ship's movement, especially potential excessive movement:

Stay mid ship and low. If you are uncertain of being in D202, it is

unlikely that you would be happy in an aft cabin. Many adore the aft

balconies (which is what we always try to book- but we are not motion

sensitive).

You have chosen a cabin with a nice sized balcony. I looked at pics online

of the Sky Princess (Enchanted tough to find right now) and it looks like the Dolphin

deck has partially covered balconies.