New CDC testing Requirement for flying into the United States

mkerner

I have seen no reference to this requirement on Viking sites but imagine that Viking will let the individual airlines manage this one.  We have always made our air arrangements through Viking and once they are made they advise contacting individual airline sites for specific information regarding rules and regs (ie: baggage allowances, seat assignments, etc.)  I doubt Viking will want to insert itself into this one.  

• Like 1

8 hours ago, mkerner said:

I ask because Viking ships have their own labs onboard.  I wonder if it would suffice to meet the regquiremnts?

Good question.

I suppose the right one to ask is the one who has issued the mandate. They are the only one who can tell us if those tests will be acceptable. After that, I assume that in order for those tests to count, Viking will have to give us some sort of certification that the mandating authority is willing to accept. Hopefully, such a certificate will be available to all guests.

Still, I know someone who tested negative two, three times before, after 3 weeks of being sick as a dog, the test finally came back positive, showing that what he had been going through was actually Covid-19.  Even a negative test does not come with a guarantee. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Peregrina651 said:

Good question.

I suppose the right one to ask is the one who has issued the mandate. They are the only one who can tell us if those tests will be acceptable. After that, I assume that in order for those tests to count, Viking will have to give us some sort of certification that the mandating authority is willing to accept. Hopefully, such a certificate will be available to all guests.

Still, I know someone who tested negative two, three times before, after 3 weeks of being sick as a dog, the test finally came back positive, showing that what he had been going through was actually Covid-19.  Even a negative test does not come with a guarantee. 

But what about a negative test and a vaccine card?