B2B Italy and TA: What do you do on the last/first day?

peanut head

I a looking at the fall 2021 Constellation Italian cruise which will turn around and become a TA.  If keeping the same suite, what do you do on the last day of the first cruise and the first day of the second cruise?  Do you have to leave the ship?  

You will most likely have to leave the ship so passenger count can be 'zeroed out'.  At most you'll probably have to the off the ship for about a half hour.  Some lines might have a place for their b2b cruisers on-board with the approval of the port I think.  You know, sometimes if the turn-around port is interesting and close, you might want to get off for a while and do a walk-about; other cruisers just love to stay on board (or get back on board right away) and enjoy the quietude and emptiness of the ship.  In my experience with b2b's there have not been more than 50 pax.

Whatever you chose, enjoy your extended cruise!

Donna

54 minutes ago, peanut head said:

I a looking at the fall 2021 Constellation Italian cruise which will turn around and become a TA.  If keeping the same suite, what do you do on the last day of the first cruise and the first day of the second cruise?  Do you have to leave the ship?  

No, you don't have to leave the ship in Europe.  They will give you your new seapass the day before or that morning of the change over, and check you off the first cruise and check you in on the second.

If the ship ends in the U.S., you have to get off for customs/immigration, then you can get back on.

• Thanks 1

59 minutes ago, peanut head said:

Sorry, this TA cruise has been cancelled. We were booked on it and have managed to change to the Reflection which still leaves from Rome but the day before Constellation was du to leave on the TA 

If you do it in a subsequent year take the free port shuttle to the edge of town.  Civitivecchia is an interesting walkable town with good shops for necessities and a pretty walk along the Roman battlement ruins.  Just walk back to the shuttle.   You will have an expedited boarding as you already have your sea pass.  Ignore those offering taxis etc.

There’s always a bit of confusion on how B2B’s are handled. Realizing COVID could change how Euro’s may change what was normally done, I’ve done two B2Bs that had the first cruise in the Med and the 2nd a TA to FLL. 

THE ‘turnaround port’ which for us was Rome, was like just another port of call. No required getting off or special handling in port. One time we took a tour. The other had bad weather and we stayed aboard. 

the day prior, we closed out our accounts for that cruise and got new cards for the next cruise. Depending on your CC status, you got new laundry, Wi-Fi, drink etc benefits and so on. 

if you have the same SR, then nothing. If you have a different SR, you need to pack your belongings up that are in drawers and the BR, and the steward will hang your closet items on a rolling closet and take all including your suitcases to your new room. 

make sure you tip your steward even if you have the same SR, they do change sometimes. 

we Love B2Bs. Nothing like enjoying the last night of the first leg and not packing. Not sure it still applies but we bought wines in a few ports and they were taken when we returned to the ship. The wines were returned to us the night prior to the end of the first leg. Nice. 

den