Zaandam - Future Itineraries

DamTxCruiser

Hi all,

I noticed that the Zaandam only has a few itineraries published for 2022.  There is nothing for the summer.  Does anyone have any insight or speculation as to what she may be doing?  My first thought was a possible lease or charter to another operator.  Any thoughts?

Yes, thanks Mary 229.  I did see that.  However, I was just trying to figure out the gaps.  So far all that is published is the Grand World Voyage from 1/3/22-5/12/22, the Voyage of the Vikings (and its segments) 7/9/22-8/13/22 and the Grand Africa Voyage 10/10/22-12/20/22.  There are a few gaps in between.  I am thinking she will probably do Canada/New England in May and June and then possibly again in August/September.  I guess we will see.

2 minutes ago, DamTxCruiser said:

Yes, thanks Mary 229.  I did see that.  However, I was just trying to figure out the gaps.  So far all that is published is the Grand World Voyage from 1/3/22-5/12/22, the Voyage of the Vikings (and its segments) 7/9/22-8/13/22 and the Grand Africa Voyage 10/10/22-12/20/22.  There are a few gaps in between.  I am thinking she will probably do Canada/New England in May and June and then possibly again in August/September.  I guess we will see.

Click the inactive tab.  She was scheduled for the Boston to Montreal run but may not be taking news reservations until Canada opens

4 hours ago, DamTxCruiser said:

sagavista - yes, that is what I am thinking.  I wonder if they will send her to Europe or do Canada/NewEngland....

I believe you maybe correct. The Volendam is in Europe. The Zaandam is doing the VOV and then probably Canada and New England.

I saw this on another HAL site about pause in cruising:

"Cruises impacted by this pause in operation are:
  • All cruise departures through April 30, 2021.
  • Alaska: Eurodam and Oosterdam through the first week of June (roundtrip from Seattle); Koningsdam through mid-May (roundtrip from Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada); Nieuw Amsterdam and Noordam through mid-May (roundtrip Vancouver and between Vancouver and Whittier, Alaska); and Zuiderdam though early June (roundtrip from Vancouver).
  • Mediterranean: Volendam cruises through early June (between Venice and Civitavecchia [Rome], Italy); Westerdam though early June (roundtrip from Venice or between Venice and Piraeus [Athens], Greece).
  • Canada/New England: All Zaandam cruises through August (between Boston, Massachusetts, and Montreal, Quebec, Canada)."
However, that all depends on when Canada opens their ports.  I live in BC on Vancouver Island, and I know Victoria council wasn't happy with having cruise ships there at the best of times, never mind during COVID.

L.

• 1 month later...
On 1/27/2021 at 8:38 PM, leerathje said:

However, that all depends on when Canada opens their ports. 

The USA has not approved sailings, either. Many seem to think this is all about Canada's restrictions but if the ships aren't allowed to sail to or from the USA then what Canada allows really doesn't matter for those itineraries.

• Like 2