Can anyone recommend a hotel in Miami

kim826

I could be wrong, I have been in the past once or twice, but I don't know of any that will offer both. The airport and pier are quite away apart. Most airport locations, in fact all have shuttle to the hotels, but not from the hotel to the pier and not many near the pier offer shuttle. Good luck, NMNita

I'm not sure about the free shuttles, but the Holiday Inn Port of Miami Downtown is the closest to the pier. If you request a room on an upper floor facing the port, you will see the ships! It was so exciting last year to wake up and see our ship from the window in our room. They just might have free shuttles.

No hotels for us this year... we are sailing out of NY!

Enjoy your cruise!

I'm not sure about the free shuttles, but the Holiday Inn Port of Miami Downtown is the closest to the pier. If you request a room on an upper floor facing the port, you will see the ships! It was so exciting last year to wake up and see our ship from the window in our room. They just might have free shuttles.

No hotels for us this year... we are sailing out of NY!

Enjoy your cruise!

We stayed there in December; they do not offer free shuttle, we were hoping they did as well. It is a fair place to stay for a night or so. The proximity to the Bay area marketplace was great.

The hotel itself was clean the the rooms were niced sized. We found the service to be seriously lacking, but I would stay there again if the price was right. NMnita

Looking for help booking a hotel in Miami that offers a free shuttle from the airport to the hotel and another shuttle to the Pier. Any help is greatly appreciated.

Take a look at the hotels discussion group.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php?f=92

While planning a cruise for 2004, we saw a listing

for one hotel that provided transportation for both.

We ended up, however, at the Hyatt downtown. You can see the

cruise ships from the upper stories of the hotel. Yes, we had

a cab from airport, and a cab to the cruise port.

However, using PriceLine, we got a very good price

on the hotel.

The Baymont at the airport will get you free from the airport and then to the cruiseport.

http://www.parksleepfly.com/cruiseport_hotels/hotel_display.php?hotel_type=cruiseport&cruiseportID=8&hotelID=462&make_reservation=

Have not stayed there so I can't say anything about the hotel...

We stayed there 1/20/06 pre-cruise. A van picked us up at the airport (10 minute wait) and a mini-bus took us to the port the next day. The rides were free but we tipped both times. Request the cruiseport transportation when you check in. We were on the first one which left at 11 AM.

The hotel was fine and the complimentary breakfast was very good. Even included scrambled eggs & sausage.

The hotel may not be in the best area of Miami but was fine for one night. We didn't arrive till 5 PM. Went to Bennigan's next door for dinner. We would definitely stay there again pre-cruise.

Sparky2,

Was the Baymont clean ? I keep reading post all over the place about hotels in the Miami area and am very confused. I have mixed reviews on almost every hotel. I read reviews "from Great to Terrible". All I am looking for is an inexpensive clean room for one night before my cruise. The shuttle is a plus and would really save some money that could be better spent on our trip.

We stayed there in December; they do not offer free shuttle, we were hoping they did as well. It is a fair place to stay for a night or so. The proximity to the Bay area marketplace was great.

The hotel itself was clean the the rooms were niced sized. We found the service to be seriously lacking, but I would stay there again if the price was right. NMnita

NMnita, how much did it cost to get from the HI Bayside to the port? Is it to far to walk? We hope to be staying there in June prior to sailing on the Triumph. I had heard on other posts that we want to stay on the upper floors to get the best view, so we are keeping our fingers crossed.

Sparky2' date='

Was the Baymont clean ? I keep reading post all over the place about hotels in the Miami area and am very confused. I have mixed reviews on almost every hotel. I read reviews "from Great to Terrible". All I am looking for is an inexpensive clean room for one night before my cruise. The shuttle is a plus and would really save some money that could be better spent on our trip.[/quote']

Baymont Inn suffered hurricane damage and is still being renovated. They were working on the roof when we were there 1/20/06. Room had been freshly painted.

Archived