London to St Lucia

ozzysdad

We flew on a P and O charter flight to St Lucia to join Britannia a few years ago and flew from Gatwick.It was a similar flight to the one from Manchester to Barbados the following year.(Both TC)The airport is smaller and further from the port in St Lucia than Barbados but other than that there wasn't much difference

• Like 1

Just now, ann141 said:

We flew on a P and O charter flight to St Lucia to join Britannia a few years ago and flew from Gatwick.It was a similar flight to the one from Manchester to Barbados the following year.(Both TC)The airport is smaller and further from the port in St Lucia than Barbados but other than that there wasn't much difference

I'd prefer to fly from Manchester but the cruise I'm looking at only has London flights available, thanks for your prompt reply.

1 minute ago, ozzysdad said:

I'd prefer to fly from Manchester but the cruise I'm looking at only has London flights available, thanks for your prompt reply.

We had to fly from Gatwick as it was the only option but flew from Manchester to Barbados the following year

6 hours ago, wowzz said:

Anyone see Jade Mountain Resort in St Lucia on "Amazing Hotels" last night ? I think it might be out of my reach, price wise !  

I didn't watch the programme but I can recommend The Windjammer Resort excursion with P and O.We don't usually 'do' beaches but loved this resort

• Like 1

Wowzz, we watched Amazing Hotels last night. Loved the story of the resort and it is truly amazing but I know we will never be able to afford it. Perhaps if we never had another cruise ever and sold the family silver!!!!!!

Whilst Monica and Giles looked like they had a brilliant time, I’m sure their time there was quite limited. Good entertainment though.

1 hour ago, ann141 said:

I didn't watch the programme but I can recommend The Windjammer Resort excursion with P and O.We don't usually 'do' beaches but loved this resort

Spent a fortnight at Windjammer a few years ago as part of a wedding bash.  Great place.

• Like 1

Read a few reviews about Jade Mountain since watching the programme. Not sure if it is worth £1500 per night.  

It seems the beach that Giles raked clean, is full of cruise ship passengers on excursions every day, so not quite as idyllic as it seems.

7 minutes ago, wowzz said:

Read a few reviews about Jade Mountain since watching the programme. Not sure if it is worth £1500 per night.  

It seems the beach that Giles raked clean, is full of cruise ship passengers on excursions every day, so not quite as idyllic as it seems.

All beaches are open but the cruise passengers, which usually come by boat, are not allowed on the hotels loungers and tend to congregate at one end of the beach where the free loungers are. 

2 minutes ago, Gettingwarmer said:

All beaches are open but the cruise passengers, which usually come by boat, are not allowed on the hotels loungers and tend to congregate at one end of the beach where the free loungers are. 

Thanks - so it is not exactly an exclusive beach then? I'd expect more if I paid that sort of price.

9 hours ago, wowzz said:

Thanks - so it is not exactly an exclusive beach then? I'd expect more if I paid that sort of price.

Yes it’s like Barbados where all beaches are open to the public, but you can make it difficult to reach as in Sandy Lane. 

Edited by Gettingwarmer