KEEP BOOKING AND TRAVELLING

Toledosfinest

Everyone knows it sucks that all these cruises are being cancelled. We have had 3 cruises cancelled so far, and have rebooked 2 cruises on NCL for January 2022, and May 2022. In talking to our travel agent ( Large cruise agency out of NH) he advised when I booked another cruise yesterday that they have been swamped with cancellations and rebooking's.  He advised that the agency doesn't get a penny from the cruise lines when they have to cancel, yet they spent tons of hours booking reservations the past year where they get no compensation. He said people must really be ready to cruise again with the numbers he has seen in recent phone calls and new bookings. Lets hope the bookings continue and we can soon travel on these expensive ships again soon.  For our fellow Cruise Critic cruisers, lets keep this topic going and see how many people have rebooked and are ready to cruise again.

• Like 3

35 minutes ago, Toledosfinest said:

Everyone knows it sucks that all these cruises are being cancelled. We have had 3 cruises cancelled so far, and have rebooked 2 cruises on NCL for January 2022, and May 2022. In talking to our travel agent ( Large cruise agency out of NH) he advised when I booked another cruise yesterday that they have been swamped with cancellations and rebooking's.  He advised that the agency doesn't get a penny from the cruise lines when they have to cancel, yet they spent tons of hours booking reservations the past year where they get no compensation. He said people must really be ready to cruise again with the numbers he has seen in recent phone calls and new bookings. Lets hope the bookings continue and we can soon travel on these expensive ships again soon.  For our fellow Cruise Critic cruisers, lets keep this topic going and see how many people have rebooked and are ready to cruise again.

I'm definitely ready (see my signature block). I haven't had to rebook any cruise and hopefully won't have to. My first booked cruise is PoA Oct 23-30, 2021. Fingers crossed 🤞.

• Like 1

I booked a whole different cruise on a different line in late 2020 for 2022 well after my planned 2020 trip was cancelled. I would not suggest a future cruise credit in these difficult days. Always go for the refund. Anyway, if my 2022 cruise is cancelled I'm done until the lines that are still around get back to a routine and we put the revolving door of cancellations behind us. Its one thing to remain positive but another to completely ignore reality. I already have $5K of flight credits with European air carriers that I have to rebook by the end of this year of lose them. They come first unless someone here is willing to reimburse me $5K. 🙂

We have had 6 cruises suspended and a Hawaii trip that we canceled.

American Cruise Lines - Alaskan Explorer cruises suspended, re-booked and suspended, re-booked for June 2021.  We hope 3rd time is a charm.

NCL - round-trip Rome cruise suspended, re-booked and suspended, re-booked for Oct. 2021.  Again we hope 3rd time is a charm.

NCL - Tampa - NYC suspended

NYC - Amsterdam suspended

re-booked British Isles cruise for May 2022

Hawaii land trip canceled by us and re-booked for Nov. 2021.

Pearl Seas - Great Lakes and Georgian Bay cruise booked for Aug. 2021

American Cruise Lines - Ohio River cruise booked for Sept. 2021.

I've had 6 cancelled due to Covid so far, I'm expecting to lose another one yet. I have 4 booked that I believe have a good chance of going starting in Sept 2021 through Oct 2022 plus I am waiting to book to sail on Leonardo 1 once the itineraries are released 

• Like 1

We cancelled 2 cruises in 2020 and a Greek island cruise for July 2021.   We are still hopeful for our December 2021 cruise out of Fort Lauderdale and are looking forward to our June 2022 cruise of the British Isles and December 2022 Caribbean cruise.  

• Like 1