Are There 3-Prong US Power Outlets in Insignia Balcony Cabins?

Smokeyham

Hello,

I was watching this video of a cabin tour of Balcony Cabin 6085 on Insignia.  At location 0:33 on the video it shows the power outlet beside the bed, which show a two prong outlet that would seem to take either an American or a European plug (picture below)?  

My computer takes a 3-prong US plug for charging.  Do I need to take an adapter to convert a 3-prong US to a 2-Prong US plug, or is there another location, perhaps at the desk, where there are 3-prong US outlets?

Many thanks.

Insignia 6085 Power Outlet Bedside.png

1 hour ago, Daniel A said:

This video shows three prong plugs at the desk on an Insignia balcony stateroom.  look for it at 1:12 on the video.

(11) OCEANIA INSIGNIA BALCONY CABIN 7004 - FULL HD TOUR - YouTube

Thanks..... I also later saw those in a post-refit, so we should be good to go.  Thank you for sharing that.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Smokeyham said:

Do I need to take an adapter to convert a 3-prong US to a 2-Prong US plug, or is there another location, perhaps at the desk, where there are 3-prong US outlets?

It never hurts to be prepared, so I keep one of those grounded to ungrounded adapters in my computer case just in case...

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

I carry a couple of the european adapters.  Most plug in chargers will say 120/220 or something like that. Same goes for usb chargers though most ships have dedicated outlets for those.

6 minutes ago, 106f said:

I carry a couple of the european adapters.  Most plug in chargers will say 120/220 or something like that. Same goes for usb chargers though most ships have dedicated outlets for those.

Thanks,

From previous posts I understand there are 3-prong plugs on board at the desk, but also carrying a European adapter would add to the number of available plugs.

You can also get a small inexpensive power strip like this one:  

GE Designer 1 Ft Power Strip with 6 Inch Braided Extension 3 Grounded Outlets, Flat Plug, Mini Cord, Premium, Black, 45191

It is less than $6.00 on Amazon.  Make sure if you get any power strip that it doesn't have a surge protector.  I don't understand why but I've heard ship electrical systems don't get along too well with surge protectors.  The above one doesn't have surge protection.  See it here:

GE Designer 1 Ft Power Strip with 6 Inch Braided Extension 3 Grounded Outlets, Flat Plug, Mini Cord, Premium, Black, 45191 - - Amazon.com

45 minutes ago, Daniel A said:

You can also get a small inexpensive power strip like this one:  

GE Designer 1 Ft Power Strip with 6 Inch Braided Extension 3 Grounded Outlets, Flat Plug, Mini Cord, Premium, Black, 45191

It is less than $6.00 on Amazon.  Make sure if you get any power strip that it doesn't have a surge protector.  I don't understand why but I've heard ship electrical systems don't get along too well with surge protectors.  The above one doesn't have surge protection.  See it here:

GE Designer 1 Ft Power Strip with 6 Inch Braided Extension 3 Grounded Outlets, Flat Plug, Mini Cord, Premium, Black, 45191 - - Amazon.com

Thanks,

Yes.... Surge protectors are not allowed on board.  I like this one from Amazon that has three USB outlets and two US e-prong outlets.

• Like 1