Using FCC for payment or part-payment of deposits

Rob_H

Yesterday I put on hold a few cruises (for 2022).  Deposits now seem to be about 10% of the base fare (rather than a flat $50 or $100) so I paid the deposits for them with a combination of cruisenext and (separate transaction) the balance with some of our future cruise credits (FCC).  For example, a $360 deposit would be a $250 cruisenext then $110 of FCC, which shows on the receipt as "REACOMM-2020-100FCC $110" and the booking shows the deposit as fully paid.  We still have FCC balances remaining.

Today I booked (put on hold) a few more cruises (2023) and I see that the FCC no longer shows as a payment method, just the remaining cruisenexts.  There's still balances of FCC under the account, but not on the payment page.  Has anybody else had the FCC disappear as a payment option?  

This is all about the general 100% FCC for reinbursed cruises (the Jewel last March), not the  "25% Single Use FCC Bonus Credit" which does state it doesn't count as a deposit payment, unlike the general FCC.

Rob

1 minute ago, deweytrader said:

All FCC issued to date has a sail by date of 12/31/22 and a book by date of 12/31/21.  Perhaps b/c these are 2023 cruises?

Good point.  I forgot there was a use by date!  That's the answer.

Rob