Alaska land tours with Princess

smrtwoman

With our 2021 Alaska cruise canceled, we are considering doing a land tour.  I have heard that Princess is planning to offer this option. using their lodges and the Alaskan Railroad.  Has anyone heard anything about land tours or when they may be available to book?  Are there Princess reps that specialize in Alaska? Trying to decide if I should wait for Princess to publish more information or begin planning on my own.  Would like to go early June if possible.

I hope you are correct.  I had asked our PVP about this a few weeks ago.  She indicated that lodges would be open, but that Princess would not provide transportation to different lodges.  Perhaps as a cruise company, they cannot offer land based vacations only.

3 hours ago, smrtwoman said:

Has anyone heard anything about land tours or when they may be available to book?

That was asked during a 2/25 webinar with the Princess VP of Sales who said they first need to cancel the existing 2021 land & cruise tours. Then they can finalize plans & open land tours for booking but he didn’t have an estimated date for when that might occur.

The 3 locations they hope to open are Kenai Princess Wilderness Lodge, Chalet at Denali & Fairbanks Hotel.

A question was asked about the train portions & currently they could only guess that would be included but will be listed before bookings are available.

Edited by Astro Flyer

28 minutes ago, Astro Flyer said:

The 3 locations they hope to open are Kenai Princess Wilderness Lodge, Chalet at Denali & Fairbanks Hotel.

We've stayed at all of the Princess lodges and Kenai blew the others away for us. Not only did we love the lodge but we had an amazing fjord cruise tour through Princess while we were there.

• Like 1

Having done trips on our own in Alaska, as well as having taken a tour from Princess, I would mix it up a bit and rent a car, but book nights at some of the lodges if they are convenient to your schedule and location. But plan the length of stay, activities, etc. on my own.