Anthem UK cruises in the summer?

1 hour ago, Cool1054 said:

I live in Aberdeen so nearest is 120 miles south in Edinburgh. There is a Express Test centre in town though.

The Eurofins test can be done at the Altens Hotel, we are booked in fro next Monday. We had planned to use Boots as we though we had to go to Edinburgh as well.

Edited by HighlandBoy
  • Like 1

56 minutes ago, little britain said:

There is Eurofins in Aberdeen at Altens Hotel. For some reason Aberdeen doesn’t come under Scotland!!

Not sure why they have Aberdeen separate from Scotland but noticed that as well when we booked our tests yesterday.

I'm on the 15th August cruise but possibly due to misunderstanding the initial email about testing and reading it as though you needed to be in Southampton 3 days before embarking for the test, I've booked the Premier Inn for the 3 nights prior.   I was going to go down 2 days early as want a longer holiday and break from real life so adding on another night wasn't an issue. 

However now starting to get nervous with all this Eurofins talk - please someone tell me there is a location in Southampton, or near to Southampton for the test?

46 minutes ago, gilbster said:

I'm on the 15th August cruise but possibly due to misunderstanding the initial email about testing and reading it as though you needed to be in Southampton 3 days before embarking for the test, I've booked the Premier Inn for the 3 nights prior.   I was going to go down 2 days early as want a longer holiday and break from real life so adding on another night wasn't an issue. 

However now starting to get nervous with all this Eurofins talk - please someone tell me there is a location in Southampton, or near to Southampton for the test?

No need to spend 3 days in exciting Southampton if you don’t want to, but yes they have just added a test centre at the Solent Hotel

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Trixie21 said:

If Eurofins don't improve I will use a clinic in our nearest city (from Northern Ireland) - they guarantee results in 24 hrs 7 days a week and are on the government approved list. Don't even know where the nearest Eurofins site is - we don't  cruise until August.

3 hours ago, little britain said:

Nothing at all in NI I’m afraid 

@Trixie21....what about the Randox testing here in NI.  They adverts say they guarentee rapid results?

Hmm looks like half an hour away from where I'm staying by car / cab (I don't drive), or longer on trains. may just bite the bullet and be thankful cab fares anywhere outside of London tend to be a lot more reasonable! 

Thanks for putting my mind at rest at least with regards location, now to hope they don't insist on the throat swab as with my gag reflex and fear of vomit and gagging etc.. they won't get a sample, but happy enough to have multiple nose swabs.   Apart from when I was in hospital with Covid back in March last year (where they after half a attempt realised they wouldn't get close to the right part of my throat and tested with just my nose) - have avoided any testing as I live and work alone! 

Looking into booking our PCR tests with a local clinic as I'm pretty sure there won't be a Eurofins over here on the Isle of Wight.

Is it 72 hours before check in or 72 hours before departure? I ask because the only clinic here has limited opening times.

14 hours ago, Blue Eyed Belfast Belle said:

@Trixie21....what about the Randox testing here in NI.  They adverts say they guarentee rapid results?

Yes , I have been looking at randox and will probably use them .

They are reasonably priced and have a centre at the international airport which is only 40 minutes drive from me. That's likely what I will go for - they also guarantee results in 24 hours.

11 hours ago, Tatra603 said:

Looking into booking our PCR tests with a local clinic as I'm pretty sure there won't be a Eurofins over here on the Isle of Wight.

Is it 72 hours before check in or 72 hours before departure? I ask because the only clinic here has limited opening times.

Good question!

Maybe someone can answer?

On 7/7/2021 at 12:16 AM, strickers said:

Two things, firstly, quarantine for fully vaccinated and closing a bar down are political decisions. Secondly, vaccine prevents illness, fabulous, love it, isn’t that the point?

No the point is that the virus isnt the problem now its the over reaction to being infected with it. Sadly these cruises are going to hit the skids pretty fast unless they change their policy on locking people up after a positive test. 

Ive seen first hand how fast this version spreads with only minor contact. Think how fast you would catch it in a lift on a ship. My advice on board would be to avoid a test at all costs because that is the biggest threat on board these ships now.  

15 hours ago, Tatra603 said:

To complicate matters I think the answer is neither...

They seem to be operating on the test being over the previous three days.

Eurofins offered us the tests for our 25th July cruise over the two days of 22nd and 23rd July from 8:30 AM.

So theoretically I could have followed their instructions and booked outside of 72 hrs of my 12:00 check in..... As it happens we decided to book after mid day on the 22nd just in case.

Otherwise so far so good... Contacted yesterday 18 days before sailing, Eurofin registration from PC went smoothly, android TrustOne app on phone & tablet showing test bookings for the correct Royal Caribbean cruise. Took 5 hrs to send test centre appointment confirmation E Mails, but all working as advertised so far.

Edited by Stevio

On 7/7/2021 at 2:06 PM, nicben said:

We have registered with eurofin for our jewel cruise 31st July from Limassol they are doing the test prior to boarding why is it different for different itineraries 

Why are you doing a test before going to Cyprus? No need if double jabbed in UK

2 hours ago, little britain said:

Why are you doing a test before going to Cyprus? No need if double jabbed in UK

Probably have to do Test to Fly test at the airport.

All airports have facility's for testing.  

Little  Britain, royal said on their e Mail all guests most register for the complementary antigen test to be taken before boarding in Limassol and have be negative to be allowed to board . I know it’s different from the anthem protocols just cannot understand the inconsistency 

23 minutes ago, nicben said:

Little  Britain, royal said on their e Mail all guests most register for the complementary antigen test to be taken before boarding in Limassol and have be negative to be allowed to board . I know it’s different from the anthem protocols just cannot understand the inconsistency 

Ok thanks… I’m not on till the end of the season. But I understand  the test was in Cyprus not 🇬🇧 as per their site. And it’s free.

https://www.royalcaribbean.com/gbr/en/healthy-sail-center/getting-ready-to-cruise?dPort=limassol

Edited by little britain
  • Haha 1

12 hours ago, 6MonthsHere6MonthsThere said:

Just back from getting test at Eurofin centre, really efficient and both in and out within 10 minutes including the paperwork 😀

Interesting to see how long before we get the results.

Update, had tests at 1pm Thursday and received results 2.15am Friday just over 13 hours later, excellent service 👍😀

• Like 1