Anthem UK cruises in the summer?

Now maybe i read it wrong, its been a long day....but does it state that vaccinated guests have to take a PRC test and thats it. Unvaccinated guests including over 2s have to take a rapid test. ( Lat flow test) at the terminal and no PCR test.....

Why do vaccinated guests have to take a more accurate test? 

Did i read this wrong as it dosnt make any sense at all. And i have had a lots of both tests.

4 hours ago, FamilyCruiserUK said:

Now maybe i read it wrong, its been a long day....but does it state that vaccinated guests have to take a PRC test and thats it. Unvaccinated guests including over 2s have to take a rapid test. ( Lat flow test) at the terminal and no PCR test.....

Why do vaccinated guests have to take a more accurate test? 

Did i read this wrong as it dosnt make any sense at all. And i have had a lots of both tests.

You read correctly...

"Vaccinated Guests must bring the negative result of an rt-PCR test taken within 72 hours of sailing." And unvaccinated children up to 18 take the lateral flow test when boarding.

And no it doesn't seem to make much sense other than to create the uncertainty and angst seen in many of the other posts.

Really hoping they drop the PCR test requirement (and the masks) after the Gov' 19th July freedom day before our cruise in on the 25th...

However until then, we are literally holding our breath to in an attempt to avoid catching anything pre test.

Edited by Stevio
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, Fabulous97 said:

Waiting here as well, had our tests at 10.20 yesterday and they were supposed to be collected at noon. Tick tock 

Same same, tests 1030 yesterday, show on the app as waiting for results. Consoling myself with a bottle of kiwi sauv blanc in the Holiday Inn whilst looking at the ship!!

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, strickers said:

Same same, tests 1030 yesterday, show on the app as waiting for results. Consoling myself with a bottle of kiwi sauv blanc in the Holiday Inn whilst looking at the ship!!

Ah, I have booked a sea view room for the night before my cruise next month. Looking forward to it.

• Like 1

Just now, strickers said:

I’ll bet you’re fun at a party?

The party was fun until the council shut it down after an outbreak. 

On a serious note though, serious illness isnt the issue any more. Being quarantined is though because even double jabbed you still get symptomatic infection its looking like. A load of double jabbed staff at a local bar are infected and the bars shut down lol. 

43 minutes ago, Pandamonia said:

The party was fun until the council shut it down after an outbreak. 

On a serious note though, serious illness isnt the issue any more. Being quarantined is though because even double jabbed you still get symptomatic infection its looking like. A load of double jabbed staff at a local bar are infected and the bars shut down lol. 

Two things, firstly, quarantine for fully vaccinated and closing a bar down are political decisions. Secondly, vaccine prevents illness, fabulous, love it, isn’t that the point?

13 minutes ago, Fabulous97 said:

I am still waiting here, I think we will head off soon we are about an hour drive from Southampton. This is ridiculous!! Did you get the email from Royal yesterday late saying don’t worry!!

Easy to say not to worry, just about to have a brew, ships ready, we are ready, it would appear the testing company aren’t!

C7E53976-C9DB-433D-9A18-E7C6350C280F.jpeg

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Fabulous97 said:

I am still waiting here, I think we will head off soon we are about an hour drive from Southampton. This is ridiculous!! Did you get the email from Royal yesterday late saying don’t worry!!

If Eurofins don't improve I will use a clinic in our nearest city (from Northern Ireland) - they guarantee results in 24 hrs 7 days a week and are on the government approved list. Don't even know where the nearest Eurofins site is - we don't  cruise until August.

Just now, Trixie21 said:

If Eurofins don't improve I will use a clinic in our nearest city (from Northern Ireland) - they guarantee results in 24 hrs 7 days a week and are on the government approved list. Don't even know where the nearest Eurofins site is - we don't  cruise until August.

I certainly won’t be using them again. 

1 hour ago, little britain said:

You have to be logged into see them. Where do you live and I will see if I can find one close by

Little Britain - if you don't mind  could you have a look for the  nearest one to me- I live in County Armagh in Northern Ireland. 

Much Appreciated!

1 hour ago, nicben said:

Little Britain, we live in East Yorkshire near Hull, we are on a b2b 5th&12th of August let’s hope things improve by then. Thanks 

Grimsby or Doncaster

you guys are really testing my geography knowledge of the uk!!!

30 minutes ago, Cool1054 said:

I live in Aberdeen so nearest is 120 miles south in Edinburgh. There is a Express Test centre in town though.

There is Eurofins in Aberdeen at Altens Hotel. For some reason Aberdeen doesn’t come under Scotland!!

• Like 1