3 cruises cancelled

OHHnoo10

So we have just had our 3rd cruise cancelled, is there really a chance that the Mediterranean cruises in September will go ahead or is it likely the cancellations will continue. I know no one has a crystal ball but I live in hope.

Welcome to the Forum!

I think there is a chance that a September cruise to the Mediterranean could go ahead. Obviously, no guarantee as it will depend what happens with the path of the Covid virus.

You will perhaps get a better idea when the new Summer Coastal cruises are released as you can then see how far ahead they are planned.

The other factor is whether your cruise in September is a Southampton round-trip or a fly-cruise. If the latter, there is probably less chance of it happening imho.

I'm sure we will all keep our fingers crossed for you!

• Like 3

1 hour ago, OHHnoo10 said:

So we have just had our 3rd cruise cancelled, is there really a chance that the Mediterranean cruises in September will go ahead or is it likely the cancellations will continue. I know no one has a crystal ball but I live in hope.

Welcome! I'm hoping med cruises will go ahead in September as I have one booked for October!

• Like 1

I'm on the same cruise as Ann, and am becoming ever hopeful about our late October cruise going ahead.

However,  in all honesty, I would only give you a 1 in 3 chance of your September cruise going ahead, mainly due to restrictions in foreign ports, but I obviously hope I am wrong.

Edited by wowzz
  • Like 1

18 minutes ago, wowzz said:

I'm on the same cruise as Ann, and am becoming ever hopeful about our late October cruise going ahead.

However,  in all honesty, I would only give you a 1 in 3 chance of your September cruise going ahead, mainly due to restrictions in foreign ports, but I obviously hope I am wrong.

Just out of interest, why are you hopeful that an October cruise will go ahead but not a September cruise? 

19 minutes ago, cruisenewbie1976 said:

Just out of interest, why are you hopeful that an October cruise will go ahead but not a September cruise? 

I think that whilst cruising from the UK will be ready to go in September, I am dubious about some EU governments being happy to allow cruise passengers to disembark at that time. Sooner or later the policy will allow disembarkation,  and I am more hopeful that this will take place in October than in September.  But, I have no more insight than you do - it's really all guess work.

If it's any consolation,  I only give my October cruise a 50:50 chance of going ahead. My Plan B is two weeks in Mexico in December! 

• Like 1

Hi....welcome....will your September cruise go ahead....mmmm....maybe yes.....maybe no....all is very much up in the air until P&O actually set sail to somewhere to see how " things" work out. If all goes well then it stands a very good chance of setting sail but be prepared for restrictions onboard and POCs and possibly proof of a vaccination. If the " testing of the water" cruises don't go well then we are back to where we are now but  with some  cruise lines fighting for survival.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, wowzz said:

I think that whilst cruising from the UK will be ready to go in September, I am dubious about some EU governments being happy to allow cruise passengers to disembark at that time. Sooner or later the policy will allow disembarkation,  and I am more hopeful that this will take place in October than in September.  But, I have no more insight than you do - it's really all guess work.

If it's any consolation,  I only give my October cruise a 50:50 chance of going ahead. My Plan B is two weeks in Mexico in December! 

Your December holiday might be just in time to coincide with a deadly Mexican variant of Covid.:classic_blink:

13 hours ago, OHHnoo10 said:

Welcome to the forum.

After our 2020 Med cruise was cancelled, and our June 2021 Fjords cruise has just suffered the same fate, I am really hoping against hope that our October 9th Med cruise doesn't go the same way.🤞

Avril

• Like 1

1 hour ago, terrierjohn said:

Your December holiday might be just in time to coincide with a deadly Mexican variant of Covid.:classic_blink:

You are probably right. And our Tenby holiday in May will coincide with the choral Welsh variant

• Like 1

13 hours ago, ann141 said:

Welcome! I'm hoping med cruises will go ahead in September as I have one booked for October!

We have just booked one for October, after the July one was cancelled fingers crossed.

We have one booked on Sept 2nd but don't really want to go if there are still restrictions. We will wait to see if P&O cancel, if not we will probably move it before payment date which is still 90 days. 

Many thanks for all the replies, yeah I know nobody really knows that far ahead just didn't want to go through the disappointment of another cancelled cruise so I haven't actually booked yet. Will leave it late I think, there must be some point when the government will give the green light for the September cruises.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, wowzz said:

You are probably right. And our Tenby holiday in May will coincide with the choral Welsh variant

Does that mean you're going to give a burst of How Green is my Valley?🤓.

Tom Jones  better watch out. 

P.s hope our Princess cruise goes ahead. 

Edited by ohnonotmeagain
ETA p.s

8 minutes ago, ohnonotmeagain said:

Does that mean you're going to give a burst of How Green is my Valley?🤓.

Tom Jones  better watch out. 

P.s hope our Princess cruise goes ahead. 

I'm more of a "Delilah" fan! 

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, OHHnoo10 said:

Many thanks for all the replies, yeah I know nobody really knows that far ahead just didn't want to go through the disappointment of another cancelled cruise so I haven't actually booked yet. Will leave it late I think, there must be some point when the government will give the green light for the September cruises.

Like you, we have had 3 cruises cancelled and have another booked for September. It was to replace the May one that we assumed would be cancelled and is a similar itinerary.  The price had increased considerably but we have wanted to do this cruise for some time. We are hopeful that it will go ahead but in these strange times, who knows. We are looking forward to the release of the round Britain cruises and, if there is anything we fancy, we will book that. We have two booked for for 2022, surely by then we will get to cruise again!

5 hours ago, Adawn47 said:

Welcome to the forum.

After our 2020 Med cruise was cancelled, and our June 2021 Fjords cruise has just suffered the same fate, I am really hoping against hope that our October 9th Med cruise doesn't go the same way.🤞

Avril

Is that on P & O Avril.