Penthouse on Explorer vs. Splendor

I have booked a Penthouse B suite on the Explorer for an Asia cruise in March 2022 and was comparing Explorer vs. Splendor.  Is the cabin configuration of a Penthouse suite on Explorer different from the configuration of the Penthouse suite on Splendor?  The images on the website certainly appear different.

Although I haven’t yet been in a penthouse on either ship, from my research I concluded that they made improvements to the PH layout on the Splendor, so we have booked it for a 21 night sailing in April of 2022.  

The major change is that they increased the size of the closet and doubled the drawer space in the Splendor PH.  However, the Splendor PH closet has a bit of an odd configuration.  Its entrance is now just inside the cabin door, and it has a walk through to the bathroom.  In my estimation the Explorer PH would not have sufficient drawer space for a longer cruise, but I don’t exactly pack light.   For that reason I would stay with a Concierge for the better drawer space on the Explorer.

On the negative side they removed the wonderful balcony corner sofa found on the deep balcony Explorer PHs, and replaced it with a couple of lounge chairs on the Splendor.  I would much prefer to have the sofa.  It also appears that they removed the wet bar on the Splendor, but for us that is not an issue.  

It all comes down to a matter of personal preference and needs.  I truly believe there really are no bad cabins on Regent, just good and great!

We have been on both...we much prefer the Explorer layout. Very disappointed in the changes on Splendor. 
On Explorer compared to Splendor:
1- We love the much larger shower area with bench to sit on

2- we love the bar sink

3- the closet is fine with us- not too small. 

4- we will no longer upgrade to B from C on Splendor. We love the L-shaped outdoor sofa. Great feature 

5- do not like entrance to closet on Splendor- either from rear of bathroom or entry foyer. 
6- if I remember, on Explorer, toilet is behind closed doors.. not on Splendor. 
it’s been too long to remember much else. 
Sheila 

• Like 2

All excellent points Shiela.  I didn’t notice that the shower on the Splendor was smaller, and I do remember now that the toilet is not in a compartment as it is on the Explorer.  Also, not having a closet entrance off the bedroom (like on the Explorer) does seem weird.  It makes me reconsider booking a PH over a Concierge on the Explorer.  Thanks for your insight.

Holly