Genesis Class Ship

ericworldz

1. I would love to float lazily along a lazy river!!!

2. And how about dining at the same table every night but in a different dining room? Kind of like the Disney ships do.

3. Hair braiding at the pool so we don't have to spend island time getting it done off the ship?!

4. A club that plays nothing but latin tunes the whole night?!

5. An ice cream shop that is open all day and not just during certain hours!?

6. Maybe even a wave pool?!

7. A beach onboard!? A pool that has a sand bottom and sandy beach area to layout?! Land resorts have them?!

8. Book actual stars for outdoor/indoor concerts!?

9. Include soda in the price of our fares?! Is it that hard to just add the price of the soda card into our cruise fare?

10. Same with tips, can't they already be added to our fares so that people can't just skip-off the ship without paying the hard working crew? But still can be adjusted at Purser's Desk. But it would make it easier than them taking it off the top of your spending money or running around trying to get cash to fill envelopes!

Just some ideas I was thinking of, any more you can think of for your ultimate cruise experience?

4 embarkation/disembarkation areas

Instead of a dining room, do FREE restaurants for folks to make reservations for dinner......... 10 restaurants with 4 specialty ones to make $$$.

4 Concierge Lounges

Over 200 sq ft staterooms with at least 60 sq ft balconies.

10 elevator areas with 20 stairways.

20 decks! 6 pools/ 2 adult ones

Tips automatically included in cruise fare so workers do not get shafted. Then you can add aditional if you want.

Showers that are 4x8' not 2x5'

2 theatres, one is adult only!

Same with tips, can't they already be added to our fares so that people can't just skip-off the ship without paying the hard working crew? But still can be adjusted at Purser's Desk. But it would make it easier than them taking it off the top of your spending money or running around trying to get cash to fill envelopes!

They already allow you to add the tips to your onboard account if you don't wish to have to use your onboard spending money. But really, how much running around is required to get cash for the envelopes? If they include the tips as part of the cruisefare, it will be more difficult to have them adjusted during the cruise and you might see a drop in the quality of service onboard.

I have no interest in sailing on a ship that big. Service suffers since the crew is over worked and there are way too many kids running around. Also long lines for everything. I thought the Voyager was fun but too big for my taste. I'll pass.

A choice of dinner locations, either general dining room for no upcharge or all alternative dining rooms (with more choices) and reduce the cruise rate since you will pay extra for the meals.

More pools and small bars spread throughtout the ship.

:)

I have no interest in sailing on a ship that big. Service suffers since the crew is over worked and there are way too many kids running around. Also long lines for everything. I thought the Voyager was fun but too big for my taste. I'll pass.

"de gustibus"

I don't want to pre-judge even a ship this large without knowing more details. If they have a sufficient number of crew members, service doesn't have to suffer. We didn't notice it on Voyager class or Radiance ships. On the RCI ships that we have sailed on, including Voyager Class ships, children were rarely underfoot. The Adventure Ocean program seems to keep them well occupied much of the time they are onboard. Seldom encountered lines on Voyager, Explorer, or Mariner either and if there are enough attractions that will spread passengers throughout the ship it should be possible to minimize them on Genesis. For every problem, there is a possible solution and I expect that RCI will anticipate almost anything that we can come up with and find a way to deal with it. It will be interesting to see if they are successful.

My biggest fear is that the designers will copy the unfortunate example of Voyager class ships which draws guests inside the ship instead of building on the greatest strength of the Radiance class which keeps you connected with the sea.

I would like to see larger staterooms that when they put 3 or 4 people in them, you are not all on top of each other.

I also recommended non-port intensive itineraries as this ship would be a nightmare to tender off of.

Cruises to the pacific or transatlanic, where the ship is the destination would be best.

With 5400 passengers, how many crew members would be needed? Where would all the life boats be located as there didn't appear to be that many on the drawing?

I might try this ship once, to just say I sailed the largest ship afloat, but probably never again.

I like the smaller ships. As for the Caribbean - which will probably see this ship, I am getting tired of the Caribbean and would like to see more world travel, such as Australia and New Zealand, or even a world cruise with many segments to choose from.

I would like to see larger staterooms that when they put 3 or 4 people in them, you are not all on top of each other.

I also recommended non-port intensive itineraries as this ship would be a nightmare to tender off of.

Cruises to the pacific or transatlanic, where the ship is the destination would be best.

With 5400 passengers, how many crew members would be needed? Where would all the life boats be located as there didn't appear to be that many on the drawing?

I might try this ship once, to just say I sailed the largest ship afloat, but probably never again.

I like the smaller ships. As for the Caribbean - which will probably see this ship, I am getting tired of the Caribbean and would like to see more world travel, such as Australia and New Zealand, or even a world cruise with many segments to choose from.

All of the questions you raise can and will, I am sure, be answered and none of the negatives that you mention necessarily have to occur. Tendering doesn't have to be a nightmare if it is organized properly and there are multiple exits where passengers can board tenders appropriately sized. Tendering from the Voyager class ships to ports such as Labadee, Coco Cay, and even Grand Cayman are usually handled smoothly.

I wouldn't try reading too much into preliminary artist's renditions. Obviously, a sufficient number of lifeboats will have to be provided to conform to SOLAS requirements.

An RCI ship with a normal passenger capacity of 5400 might require 2100 crew members to maintain their usual passenger to crew ratio, though some technological advances might allow them to reduce their staffing requirements somewhat without it affecting the quality of service. We have had equally excellent service on RCI's largest ships and their smaller ones, so it can be done.

As far as your desire to see more world travel, there are already many smaller ships offering these itineraries and there is talk that Legend of the Seas may undertake such itineraries in the next year or two. Just don't expect them to put this ship on an exotic itinerary. That has never been their practice in the past with their new ships, and I don't expect them to deviate from a successful formula now.

The Captain on Majesty of the Seas told us that one amneity being considered fro Genesis is having a boxing ring in the Ship Shape Center! I kid you not. Of all the things I want on a cruise ship, a boxing ring would be amongst the very, very last.

Here are some of my (wild) ideas for the Genesis.

Sports Deck: Will include a "Surf and Circus" area which contains the wave pool for surfers and a ferris wheel and carrousel for kids and brave hearts. The carrousel will have marine animals instead of horses. The ferris wheel will be especailly thrilling with forty knot winds.

Prominade: The center will have a Venetian canal with a gondola that takes passengers back and forth on the canal.

Atrium: Because the new atrium will be so high it will allow for RCI's newest sport, hang gliding from the top to the bottom.

Specially reserved deck: One deck will be reserved only for stables and horseback riding...Tennessee walking horses for adults and Shetland ponies for children.

12 to 16 lane Bowling alley, even though people don't do it often, on a cruise ship would really enhance a day/night at sea, anyone can do it too.

An outdoor park / beach setting. Something that has some "earth" with it. It woul be nice to have a little grassy/beachy park to walk thru day or night.

2 level promenade or a promenade that zigs and zags a bit, like a windy street type setting. Oh and longer, hopefully close to double the size or maybe more.

More choices in restaurants, how bout a Chops, Portofino, and a Seafood specialty restaurant with an Asain flare (sushi ). hehe.

More then one waterslide for all ages, and fun ones meaning similar to waterpark caliber.

That's my wishlist, my biggest of all is a bowling alley big enough for some fun. I don't bowl alot, but when I do with friends it's a great night out, It would really rock to have an option like that on a cruise ship. Ice skating is cool but I would much rather have a bowling alley that an ice rink.

Archived