Norwegian guest flies free promo

herrera139

Has anyone ever taken advantage of this type of promo? I'm looking to do a greece cruise and the option is available. I know you have no say or control over the flight arrangements. 

Anyone experience this type of promo? What was it like? 

Thanks! 

Appreciate any response. 

We have two cruises booked with the 2nd person flies free promo.  

A round - trip Rome cruise.  We are flying DFW (Dallas, TX) to FCO (Rome, Italy) round trip for a total of $924 for 1st. person and $0.00 for 2nd person.  On this cruise we do have a 3rd person and their air will be $924.  I do not know if you have a 4th person if they fly free or not.  This cruise is Oct, 2021.  We will arrive in Rome 2 days prior to cruise.

We also have a Southampton to Amsterdam cruise May 2022 with the air promo.  1st person pays $824 and 2nd person pays $0.00.  This will be DFW to what ever airport they use for Southampton/London and back from AMS (Amsterdam).  We will arrive 2 days prior to cruise and return 2 days post cruise.

3 hours ago, jebhoward3 said:

We have two cruises booked with the 2nd person flies free promo.  

A round - trip Rome cruise.  We are flying DFW (Dallas, TX) to FCO (Rome, Italy) round trip for a total of $924 for 1st. person and $0.00 for 2nd person.  On this cruise we do have a 3rd person and their air will be $924.  I do not know if you have a 4th person if they fly free or not.  This cruise is Oct, 2021.  We will arrive in Rome 2 days prior to cruise.

We also have a Southampton to Amsterdam cruise May 2022 with the air promo.  1st person pays $824 and 2nd person pays $0.00.  This will be DFW to what ever airport they use for Southampton/London and back from AMS (Amsterdam).  We will arrive 2 days prior to cruise and return 2 days post cruise.

Yes, we have this promo booked for IAD (Washington, DC) to Buenos Aires for our Antarctic Cruise.  When 3 of us were going the 1st and 3rd person paid airfare.  When we added the fourth passenger the 1st and 3rd paid the airfare while the 2nd and 4th were free.

49 minutes ago, love to cruise 2017 said:

can you upgrade air from the coach ??? love the deal 

If it's like other flight perks you have zero control over which flights are booked and which fare is selected .  However - once you have the confirmation number there's nothing stopping you from accessing the flight reservation on the airline website and paying to upgrade the seat.

I've done it a few times. Always price check the flights yourself, depending on where you live some have said it wasn't worth it for them. I've always found better deals with NCL so I use that option when I can.

The only thing to be mindful is the restrictions on pre-post cruise exemptions. Depending on your cruise they only allow a 2-3 day deviation. For most trips that will be fine, but when we were originally booked on a New Zealand/Australia cruise, that wasn't enough for us. If it's taking me 20 hours to get there, I want to spend more than 3 days when I do get there. 

We nearly missed the cruise when we sailed on the Jade due to issues with the airline, but when we finally arrived in Miami they had NCL staff at baggage claim to settle everything for all of us with no issues. Phone support is very stress inducing, but the ground crews were very helpful and pleasant with ultimately no issues experienced other than missing the muster drill and losing time on my drink package. If you do miss the ship for any reason on air booked through them, the responsibility to get you to the next port is on NCL. In our case, it was a short 5 day cruise so it wouldn't have been worth it to try and catch up to the ship, but it all worked out in the end anyway.

7 hours ago, herrera139 said:

Has anyone ever taken advantage of this type of promo? I'm looking to do a greece cruise and the option is available. I know you have no say or control over the flight arrangements. 

Anyone experience this type of promo? What was it like? 

Thanks! 

Appreciate any response. 

I am going to go WAY out on a limb here and say that yes SOMEONE has done that.

9 hours ago, Sailing12Away said:

I've done it a few times. Always price check the flights yourself, depending on where you live some have said it wasn't worth it for them. I've always found better deals with NCL so I use that option when I can.

Yup.  I did that comparison when I booked my Oct. 2019 cruise.  I got pricing for Studio with airfare paid in full by me (Studio didn't qualify for the air promo) and balcony with full supplement and a surcharge on the "free air" and it only cost me $60 more to take the balcony, no-brainer...

• Like 1

Depending on when your cruise is sailing, this could offer can provide some free peace of mind in regards to the airfare.

I am sailing (hopefully) Feb 2022 from New York to Panama City.  NCL is charging me $199.00 for the return flight to NY and the bride flies free. Pricing works for me. Of course I'm at their mercy as NCL will not schedule/cater the flight details to my whims.  I take whatever flight they give me.  Its a post cruise flight, so if NCL screws up and I miss the flight, I am not missing part of the cruise. Worst case scenario is we get delayed a few hours at the airport or put up in a hotel in Panama City for the night at somebody's expense (NCL, the airline, or my Chase Sapphire card).

However, nobody knows for sure when cruising will re-start.  I'm not trying to instigate a flame war about (1) not having a positive attitude, and (2) am aware that its not NCL's fault, they certainly want to resume sailing ASAP.  Its just that the future is uncertain and the last year has shown us that despite all the promises and target dates, it's impossible to nail down a date that things will finally return to some sort of semblance of  normal. 

But,

(1) if the cruise does cancel

or

(2) the cruise becomes so restrictive that its no longer a vacation & I cancel prior to final payment

then I don't have the headache of being stuck with useless airline tickets or having to purchase expensive insurance, as NCL is doing the ticketing.  If the cruise does not go as planned, then my airfare automatically cancels - no worries.  I had a December 2020 cruise from Barcelona canceled on me due to COVID.  For that cruise I purchased three one way airline tickets from NY to Barcelona.  I nearly ate the cost of those non-refundable tickets.  Fortunately a few days before the scheduled flight, the airline delayed (canceled) my flight and rebooked me on another flight 12 hours later.

We looked into it. However, they charge for moving to the day before. They also do not accommodate general times for air travel. We were on a Saturday embarkation and wanted Friday night flights. We were told the flights could be anywhere from 4AM until 12AM (Saturday) and no guarantee of time.