A change in travel partner?

meyermtacmj

I'm wondering if anyone can tell me how easy (or if possible) it is to change your reservation from one travel partner to another. 

For example, if due to a divorce or breakup, one is not going to travel with the person originally booked for the cruise, but would like to take the cruise with a different companion. 

UK here - I enquired about this last year and there was definitely a fee attached (£65 maybe?) but I don't recall any re-pricing of the cruise. 

Do remember the woman on the phone saying "you have a while yet, maybe you will reconcile" to which I could only reply - "I'd rather throw myself overboard" 🙃

• Like 2
  • Haha 6

I did this a couple months ago with no problem. I am in the US though, and I was outside any penalty period.  There was no cost or price increase to make the change.  I was told that one of the original passengers must remain on the reservation, and changes could be made up until a few days ahead of time.

• Like 1

For NCL bookings made in Asia, a single name change is allowed up to 15 days prior to departure without penalty (with one original name remaining on the booking). Minor spelling mistake on names can be corrected up to 48 hours prior to departure. I believe it is similar in US.

NCL Europe (including UK) usually has stricter rules than US / Asia.

• Like 1

On 3/16/2021 at 2:41 AM, casofilia said:

As long as one of the original people stays on the booking it can be done till two days before boarding; I think.

I could be wrong but, it seems to me, when I asked the same question, some years ago, I was told that you could make a name change up to 60 days before the cruise. You may get a more difinitive answer from your travel agent.