July cruise won't sail - will it?

kelly-NYC

Well, the conclusion now is that covid cannot be transmitted through schools here. 6-12 grade is going back to full in class. They have implemented continued online class, but it is not the same classes you are in because they cannot offer them. The options are take new classes the last 9-weeks or go into school. They said school will be "socially distanced". Not sure how that will happen when classrooms designed for 20 people have 33 people in them. Desks are already on top of each other. There has been no mandate on how they will distance and control 2400 kids in a school. Just more evidence of how the CDC and DHHS have no clue what they are doing:

You must social distance, you must wear masks, no one can be within 6' of each other. Oh, except airplanes, airports, all mass transit, schools. Bars, restaurants, church, and other places are all super spreaders, but not schools or airplanes.

• Like 1

Shares of Carnival Corp. sank 7.7% in afternoon trading, enough to pace the S&P 500's decliners, amid concerns over potential cruise cancellations given the new surge in COVID-19 cases in Europe. On Monday, the stock fell 5.1% after Carnival pushed back the restart of its Costa Cruises out of Italy by about a month to May 1, citing restrictions still in place in Italy and other European countries in an effort to contain COVID-19. And on Tuesday, Germany said it was extending its new lockdown measures until April 18. Shares of other cruise operators were also getting hit hard, as Norwegian Cruise Line Holdings Ltd. slid 7.1% and Royal Caribbean Group shed 6.1%.

The above is from Marketwatch. Cruising cannot catch a break with good news.

On 3/22/2021 at 3:57 PM, kdr69 said:

You missed the one they say will be "coming shortly" which are the Agreements for testing and quarantining with land based facilities and port authorities before the test cruising can take place

Your right.  I’m sure there are more major steps I over looked.  This just supports that cruising in July is a low probability. 

• Like 2

On 3/19/2021 at 3:45 AM, jfunk138 said:

The amazing things we learn about Covid: "it can only spread if a flight attendant catches you without a mask."

Well, I dont find it funny. I had many people die from it, including relatives. I mean I understand that its just another type of flue, but a very dangerious one. We better take a good care of ourselves 

On 3/23/2021 at 9:38 AM, ledges1 said:

CNN)Fully vaccinated people should feel free to visit their unvaccinated family and friends without restrictions, but visits should be limited to one unvaccinated household at a time, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention officials said Monday.

And sorry, but even fully vaccinated grandparents should not be bringing their grandkids to church or otherwise exposing them to crowds, CDC officials said during a web briefing.
The CDC will update its guidance once it becomes clear how well vaccination prevents spread of the virus, but for the time being, there are still limits on what fully vaccinated people should do, they said.

With these comments today on CNN by the CDC, why does anyone think the CDC will allow cruising in July or anytime soon.

New CDC comments. Surprise, surprise. I do not necessarily agree but read the tea leaves, cruising from the US is toast under the current CDC and White House Administration.

4 hours ago, ledges1 said:

New CDC comments. Surprise, surprise. I do not necessarily agree but read the tea leaves, cruising from the US is toast under the current CDC and White House Administration.

So, IYHO, there will be no cruising in the US until the next administration takes over in January of 2025.....LOL

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, SNJCruisers said:

So, IYHO, there will be no cruising in the US until the next administration takes over in January of 2025.....LOL

10 hours ago, SNJCruisers said:

Like most government agencies, when they become the center of attention, they overreact. A good example is the banking regulations implemented after the last recession and mortgage meltdown. Many were needed but not the excess that were implemented and are slowly being rolled back. It will take the CDC time to see realize this and back off. This will occur slower than their speed in implementing restrictions.  Their restrictions have been helpful  The CDC will slow walk the removal of restrictions and the current administration will support the CDC. I think cruising from the US is over for this year  I would love to book my credits, but I think cruising will not return to the US until 2022. Maybe late 1st qtr . It will be interesting to see which cruise lines survive and the size of the companies that remain. Your overstatement of my comments is incorrect.

19 hours ago, ledges1 said:

15 hours ago, SNJCruisers said:

4 hours ago, ledges1 said:

I think cruising from the US is over for this year  I would love to book my credits, but I think cruising will not return to the US until 2022. Maybe late 1st qtr . It will be interesting to see which cruise lines survive and the size of the companies that remain. Your overstatement of my comments is incorrect.

Here is a review of what transpired.  Go read what you said again.  "Cruising from the US is toast under the current CDC and White House Administration."

Since the current White House Administration is in office till January of 2025, there is no overstatement on my part, only by you.   You clarified in your subsequent post that it will be early 2022 or late quarter 2021, but your original post said under the current administration, which ends in 2025.

10 minutes ago, SNJCruisers said:

Here is a review of what transpired.  Go read what you said again.  "Cruising from the US is toast under the current CDC and White House Administration."

Since the current White House Administration is in office till January of 2025, there is no overstatement on my part, only by you.   You clarified in your subsequent post that it will be early 2022 or late quarter 2021, but your original post said under the current administration, which ends in 2025.

The current administration will support the CDC until they decide to roll back the restrictions. As they have said "follow the science". How long will they follow the science, I think it will be longer than probably required. Deregulation always comes slower than regulations. I have explained my thoughts and when I think cruising will return. If you disagree, that is fine. Give us your thoughts.

4 minutes ago, ledges1 said:

I have explained my thoughts and when I think cruising will return. If you disagree, that is fine. Give us your thoughts.

The only thing I disagreed with was your original statement that implied that there would be no cruising until 2025 because that is when the current administration would be leaving office. 

Personally, I am hoping for full week cruises to start back up by October 1 so my Halloween Mardi Gras cruise goes.  I am already expecting to flip my August cruise to next June.  I just want cruising to resume before the end of the year because I want to keep my flipping to a minimum.

36 minutes ago, SNJCruisers said:

The only thing I disagreed with was your original statement that implied that there would be no cruising until 2025 because that is when the current administration would be leaving office. 

Personally, I am hoping for full week cruises to start back up by October 1 so my Halloween Mardi Gras cruise goes.  I am already expecting to flip my August cruise to next June.  I just want cruising to resume before the end of the year because I want to keep my flipping to a minimum.

I hope you are correct. I have $1400 invested in a carnival cruise with $600 obc. I am afraid to book because I have had two cancelled (Oct 20, May 21).  Each time I book they want a deposit even with  them holding $1,400. My plan is to hold off until I see a ship sail from a US port. Yes, I am skeptical for this year. However, I can adapt. I am going to Key West in May since cruise ships may not go there again for some time. I will hold up on that return prediction. I hope you get to go on your Halloween Mardi Gras cruise. That would be fun!