FCC

babs135

1 hour ago, Colin_Cameron said:

From our experience (with another line, not Cunard) it was all used against the cruise price meaning a smaller balance to pay at final payment date.

We found this with Cunard. The whole sum of FCC was off-set to one cruise, and the invoice showed this accordingly! It was quite a large sum, and we were not asked if we wanted to leave any of the FCC on account; all fine with us.

Booked a Southampton to Sydney leg of 2023 world cruise. FCC was not showing on my account - some £4000 - but we paid the deposit assuming it will surface before final payment. Was disturbed to see that we were described as First Time Cruisers on the deposit receipt even though we are Platinum members.

Phoned up to double check what was going on. The guy I spoke with couldn’t find any of my details (name, world club number etc) in the computer. After 40 minutes, by which time he had roped in another person they finally located me in the system and had worked out what FCC I should have. I was hoping that a revised receipt of the booking might have arrived by now but all I got was a duplicate of the first receipt showing zero FCC.

It would appear I will have to call again to get some resolution to this. 

5 hours ago, Roger Ackroyd said:

Booked a Southampton to Sydney leg of 2023 world cruise. FCC was not showing on my account - some £4000 - but we paid the deposit assuming it will surface before final payment. Was disturbed to see that we were described as First Time Cruisers on the deposit receipt even though we are Platinum members.

Phoned up to double check what was going on. The guy I spoke with couldn’t find any of my details (name, world club number etc) in the computer. After 40 minutes, by which time he had roped in another person they finally located me in the system and had worked out what FCC I should have. I was hoping that a revised receipt of the booking might have arrived by now but all I got was a duplicate of the first receipt showing zero FCC.

That sort of story does not inspire confidence in Cunard or the industry as a whole. Past loyalty status matters on a World Cruise unclear how they could just lose it? Can't keep track of past customers but are going to be able to manage a post pandemic world cruise successfully?

22 hours ago, Roger Ackroyd said:

This appears to be an issue with the Carnival Group companies - had (have?) the same issue with P&O - went on to book a replacement for one of the 3 cancellations - no FCC showing up - called the UK offices and after quite literally 2 hours on the phone discovered that somehow I had acquired 3 different accounts (no idea how or explanation offered) -  they are supposedly in the process of merging them into the original (years ago) account - and even weirder - I signed up to Princess to explore what they will be offering for a UK restricted summer outing - and - to my total astonishment - up popped all my P&O history (not the Cunard records) and I was immediately given a nice status on their loyalty programme - moral of the story,  Carnival holds all our data and feeds into their various systems which is not a good thing for data management or robust error tracking