Who has decided to take a summer staycation cruise?

seapals2

2 minutes ago, lindylooellalouise said:

Hi me too booked on same cruise so disappointing wondered why we hadn’t been allocated☹️

When did you book? Some with allocated rooms say they have been cancelled.  I am guessing like P&O they will honour the first 1000 pax bookings.

1 minute ago, Pink-belle said:

When did you book? Some with allocated rooms say they have been cancelled.  I am guessing like P&O they will honour the first 1000 pax bookings.

Booked it on 19th May.

On the opening day obviously not the first 1000 pax never in a million years did I think pand o would do this.

13 minutes ago, scobie15 said:

If I have just had an e mail with my cabin allocated,  do you think I am Ok ?

One of the people on FB reported that they got an email saying their cabin had been allocated, then an hour later got an email cancelling them. ☹️

7 minutes ago, lindylooellalouise said:

Hi me too booked on same cruise so disappointing wondered why we hadn’t been allocated☹️

Oh no…. I’m so sorry to hear you’ve been bumped off the cruise and also for anyone  else in the same predicament. 😢

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, lindylooellalouise said:

On the opening day obviously not the first 1000 pax never in a million years did I think pand o would do this.

Yikes, that's a little bit worrying that you booked on opening day and have still been cancelled.

I'm so sorry.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Ladyshopper23 said:

One of the people on FB reported that they got an email saying their cabin had been allocated, then an hour later got an email cancelling them. ☹️

Dave K said he got allocated on Sunday and cancelled today. Then Lindylooellalouise booking on first day, none of us are safe 😢

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Ardennais said:

This email:

You can still get away this summer on a staycation with us

It is being reported that there is a number to call to rebook a later cruise,  people happy with what they have been able to book.  So fingers crossed it all works out for them

Just now, Dave K said:

Just called CPS and asked for refund. No mention of admin fee😁

Excellent, I know I checked before I booked and it said if your cruise was cancelled no fee, but I took that to mean the whole cruise.  Another good reason to use CPS. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Son of Anarchy said:

P&O main site.

Can you link it for me please I can’t find any news updates on there.  Or do you mean that’s the earliest that appears to be available under booking? 
the earlier cruises haven’t been available for booking for a while

2 minutes ago, Pink-belle said:

Excellent, I know I checked before I booked and it said if your cruise was cancelled no fee, but I took that to mean the whole cruise.  Another good reason to use CPS. 

Yeah, i was surprised when they said they'll do the refund and no mention of fees.

• Like 1

Can you link it for me please I can’t find any news updates on there.  Or do you mean that’s the earliest that appears to be available under booking? 
the earlier cruises haven’t been available for booking for a while

Earliest that appears if you do a cruise search

Book a Cruise | Search Cruise Holidays | P&O Cruises (pocruises.com)

Must admit I haven't tried doing a dummy booking.  Off to test the water....

The earlier cruises aren’t cancelled 😏

official statement

In a statement, the company said: 'Due to the government's extension of the passenger capacity limits placed on UK domestic cruises we will have to ask a number of guests booked on Britannia's early UK sailings to change their holiday dates.
'These guests will be contacted directly and will be given a 125% Future Cruise Credit or 100% refund. We are so sorry for these guests and do hope they will be able to enjoy a holiday with us later in the summer.'

so now we keep our fingers crossed for no emails….

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Pink-belle said:

The earlier cruises aren’t cancelled 😏

official statement

In a statement, the company said: 'Due to the government's extension of the passenger capacity limits placed on UK domestic cruises we will have to ask a number of guests booked on Britannia's early UK sailings to change their holiday dates.
'These guests will be contacted directly and will be given a 125% Future Cruise Credit or 100% refund. We are so sorry for these guests and do hope they will be able to enjoy a holiday with us later in the summer.'

so now we keep our fingers crossed for no emails….

It's a shame that P&O haven't said how they are choosing who gets cancelled and who doesn't. At least MSC put that in their statement.