July 2022 Cruise from New York to Bermuda

Sophie's Mom1

We have cruised on several mega ships and this is our first time on Oceania. We are curious to experience a much smaller ship, but I'm wondering if guests feel the rolling.  I have never had a problem with being seasick but the Insignia is quite different.

I am looking at an oceanview cabin (D) on Deck 3. Does anyone know if this is a good option since I don't know what is below it.

Any advice or tips about this ship would be very much appreciated.

Enjoy the cruise and Bermuda.  Deck 3 cabins are quiet and midship.  Low and midship is the best location on any ship to avoid motion. Deck 3 cabins are the same size as most other cabins. They have a port hole.  The worst cabins on R ships are on deck 6.  Oceanview on deck 6 are completely blocked by lifeboats and are very small.  Deck 6 forward can hear noise from lounge on deck 5.  Deck 7 is my favorite location.  

1 hour ago, Sophie's Mom1 said:

We have cruised on several mega ships and this is our first time on Oceania. We are curious to experience a much smaller ship, but I'm wondering if guests feel the rolling.  I have never had a problem with being seasick but the Insignia is quite different.

I am looking at an oceanview cabin (D) on Deck 3. Does anyone know if this is a good option since I don't know what is below it.

Any advice or tips about this ship would be very much appreciated.

I have been on Insignia to Bermuda on Deck 3. No problem with motion but we had relatively calm seas that sailing. I don't know how she would be in rough seas. If the seas are rough Deck 3 midship would be the best place to be. I would do Insignia to Bermuda again in a heartbeat because it docks at St.George's and Hamilton which is much better than the Dockyard where the mega ships have to dock.

we have  done a few cruises on the R ships  & been is some rough seas  they do handle the seas quite well IMO

We hit  a gale in the Irish sea  ...yes some motion but just hang on  to the railings

We were on deck 7   aft  it was a bit bumpy bit no problem

deck 3 should be fine  as well as deck 4  which is my favourite deck 

Enjoy Bermuda

• Thanks 1

If the pricing works for you I'd suggest a C1 (Deluxe OV)on deck 4 and amidship. We've got about 35 days on R ships in a C1.  They are a slight bi bigger than the D (165sqft -vs- 143sqft) plus the "ledge by the window does offer storage or at least a place to put stuff (snorkel gear, reading material, excursion tickets, etc).  What's really nice is that you're only one deck below the Barrista station outside the GDR and I could easily run up for a couple of double flat whites in the AM for DH and me 😉 .

Greg

• Like 1

Oceanview on deck 3 and deck 4 are the same size. The only difference is the window. Deck 4 has a big window. Deck 3 has a porthole.  They are both approx. 170 sq ft. Either deck 3 or4 is ok.  The tiny cabins are ov on deck 6. They are so small that there is no sofa or comfy chair.  Biggest ov cabins are forward deck 6 and 7. 

3 hours ago, gdlamberth said:

They are a slight bi bigger than the D (165sqft -vs- 143sqft) plus the "ledge by the window does offer storage

You are thinking of the E Cat     they are obstructed view cabins  & yes  smaller Yes the C 1's our our favourites  so convenient

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...