Looking at cruises in early 2022 - Vaccine required?

SumoCitrus

15 hours ago, Hlitner said:

CLO (another frequent CC poster for whom I have a lot of respect) and I have clashed on this CDC issue for quite a few months.  I do think Susan Collins (who I also respect) used the wrong word as the CDC is not "losing"  but has already "lost" its credibility with many of the public (including me).   I will not pile on Dr. Walensky since she is the new person on the block having just started at the CDC this past winter.  An agency head inherits the staff and problems and has to walk a fine line between fixing problems while also giving support to her professional staff.  But when it comes to the CSO and cruising in general, Dr. Walensky has had enough to time to force some sanity into the process.  The latest CSO modifications are absolutely insane (I am being kind) and Dr. Walensky should get the credit.  When she was named as the CDC Director I hoped she would quickly bring some needed leadership to the CDC but have been nothing but disappointed.  Anyone who has watched her testimony today (and on a couple of previous occasions) has good reason to be disappointed.

Hank

I believe Clo has posted that her first job was with the CDC. So I think we have to give her a little slack in her defense of them.

The CDC was once thought of as "the gold standard". It is a shame that they are tarnishing their reputation.

• Like 1

• 5 months later...
On 4/6/2021 at 6:44 PM, Daniel A said:

The main reason I will only take a vaccinated only cruise is I don't want a bunch of anti-vaxxers coming down with the infection causing the cruise to terminate early and returning to port.

There's no reason why any cruise line can't book some vaccinated only cruises and offer other sailings that are open to all.  But they won't because no cruise line wants to have a black eye if they get an outbreak of Covid onboard.  Vaccinated only is safest for the health of the PAX and the health of the line.

Now that it is November we know that fully vaccinated people are still getting Covid, still passing Covid to others, still getting sick and some are dying. 

This cannot be a vaccinated vs the unvaccinated issue. 

The science does not follow this route. 

Happy Cruising! 

• Like 1