Petra

trtog7

Would like to contact someone with some mobility issues, ie can only walk short distances,  who has done a tour to Petra from a cruise ship

Have booked a cruise for May 2022 and need information so my husband can see Petra

Thanks

22 minutes ago, trtog7 said:

Would like to contact someone with some mobility issues, ie can only walk short distances,  who has done a tour to Petra from a cruise ship

Have booked a cruise for May 2022 and need information so my husband can see Petra

Thanks

@trtog7

Howdy! emo22.gif

Thank you for your new thread!. 👍  However, I think you will have better results on another forum. 

To help you out, I have moved your thread to the Disabled Cruise Travel forum where it will be on topic. The majority of your fellow Cruise Critic members with physical limitations share their advice & experiences here. Please feel free to browse through the thread titles on this forum and l👀k for titles of interest. 

I sincerely hope this will be helpful and glad to have you aboard Cruise Critic! emo35.gif

Happy sails,

Host Kat  emo32.gif

I have not done this tour yet but have found a company that provides an accessible tour from our cruise ship to Petra. We will be on Island Princess. "Jordan Inspiration Tours" or JIT.com will pick us up at the ship and provide transport to the site, an electric cart through the SIQ and into Petra with a guide. After the tour we will have lunch and transfer back to the ship. The cost for this is $522 per person. I have written Princess to ask about the possibility of having to use Princess tours only due to covid precautions. I have not heard back but do know that I cannot manage the SIQ even using the horse drawn carts. If you find something else I would like to review those offerings as well. This company is well reviewed on trip advisor and as I am really desirous of going to Petra I think I will try it.

I could not imagine anyone with mobility issues doing this tour unless with a specialty company.  It is a long way down and back, plus there is a lot to see once down the bottom.  Going up/down is not smooth, easy walking. To use the horse drawn carriages it's a big step up, plus they don't tour the area at the bottom.

When I went on a tour there I did not see anyone using cane or walker.

The option posted above seems worth checking out.