Solo cruisers living alone in there own homes

highscar

Like Ruth, I am used to living alone. Have neighbors close who do check in and talk to them, properly distanced, regularly..... and I do go to our local Humane Society once a week as I am on the Board of Directors and have to sign checks. Am in and out like a shot and do not socialize although everyone is wearing masks and distancing. Have had my second vax, so may be a bit more social in the future. My one real regret is that I could not see my brother before he passed away (non-covid). That hurt. I have gotten proficient at Zoom.

Susan

• Like 2

13 hours ago, Sea42 said:

I am so sorry for your loss. It must be especially hard on you without family nearby. I'm glad that your friends are able to comfort you and that you have your pup to give you joy and companionship.

I appreciate your kind words.  It means the world to me.

I did a search and did not find that one of the frequent posters, Krazy Kruizers passed away on March 16th.  We sailed together many years ago and became friends.  Due to her request for privacy, I do not feel comfortable disclosing any further details regarding her death.

6 hours ago, bellebaby said:

I did a search and did not find that one of the frequent posters, Krazy Kruizers passed away on March 16th.  We sailed together many years ago and became friends.  Due to her request for privacy, I do not feel comfortable disclosing any further details regarding her death.

Oh my heavens 😢 Yonnie and I had been corresponding for years and my last email went unanswered.  I thought it was because she was unwell (I know she had been struggling).  I searched for her obituary but could not find it.  I too respect her privacy but if you wouldn’t mind emailing me (link is in my signature) with the link to the obituary, I would very much like to do a remembrance in her name according to her wishes.

Thank you kindly.  My prayers are with her, Joseph and their family 🙏🏻 

Yonnie was a long time prolific poster on these boards and I suspect she would not mind a thread that lets other CC members know the sad news.  No need to give details.  I am sure many will wish to give their condolences.  JMO.

edited to say - I have now found her obituary.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

As a solo, I too am used to solitude. Nevertheless I am yearning to travel. Ok, crazy as it sounds I sit on my patio with a glass of something, a book, and an iPad freebie slots game. Doesn't suffice. Went to TJ Maxx a couple of weeks ago and was astounded to find a public space without produce and baked goods.

5 minutes ago, rkacruiser said:

Would it be appropriate to share the link to her obituary?  

If not, that's OK.  

I posted it on the Daily thread and hoped I did not break guidelines as her real name was revealed.  But considering the circumstances, at the request of others, I did post it.

I hope I am not in trouble but once done, might as well do it again - here is her obituary - https://www.strifflerfuneralhomes.com/obituaries/Minyone-Makar/#!/Obituary

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2