Suggestions please

wesport

Like a fool, I did the final payment on my June 13th Equinox cruise out of Fort Lauderdale. Should have realized it wouldn’t go. What are my options. My TA says I can only cancel, get an FCC, and rebook. She says Celebrity will not let you transfer to another cruise without cancelling, getting the FCC, and rebooking. 

I could just wait for them to cancel and request a refund. Don’t think there is any chance it will sail. 

Cancel, wait for an FCC. How long would that take? I am sure the st marten cruises will be selling well. 

Was thinking of doing a St Marten cruise. 

Today my TA had Celebrity switch over my June 20th Summit cruise from Cape Liberty to the June 5th St. Maarten cruise. There was no mention of cancellation and no refunds or new FCC's mentioned. She said so it only worked out because she had an experienced Celebrity agent working with her.

At this point I would wait for X to cancel which historically  gives you a choice of a full refund or 125% FCC.  Unless they change the expiration date of the FCC you wouldn’t have much chance to use it.  I would wait it out then take the refund.

11 hours ago, rsail203 said:

Today my TA had Celebrity switch over my June 20th Summit cruise from Cape Liberty to the June 5th St. Maarten cruise. There was no mention of cancellation and no refunds or new FCC's mentioned. She said so it only worked out because she had an experienced Celebrity agent working with her.

I think I will call X and ask them what my options are. 

24 minutes ago, wesport said:

I think I will call X and ask them what my options are. 

If your reservation is with a TA, X is not going to talk specifics with you about it.  They might can give you general information about options, but those have been laid out in the thread already.  If you want your TA to ask X what the options are, you'll have to convince them to do that.  Maybe ask to be put on a 3-way call so you can hear X explain it.  You should know the price range of a replacement cruise before you do any of this.  I could see them agreeing to switch your current reservation if what you're paying is higher than you could book the replacement one.  Otherwise, you're going to be paying the prevailing rates, which are inflated due to all the FCCs that are floating around.  I would think about a new cruise as a completely separate transaction and base the decision on whether or not the ultimate asking price is really worth what they're offering.

Right now patience is a virtue and it is your friend.   While they are still listing this on their web site we all know it is not likely to sail.   At this point I would just wait them out and decide whether you want cash back or the FCC bonus.  We have been through this with them 5 times now in the past year and experience says to just wait them out.  They really are overwhelmed now and their focus is on getting trips organized that they can sail.