Cabo San Lucas Dolphin Adventure - Princess ShoreEx - Feedback from those that have been?

Smokeyham

Hello,

Looking at the shore excursions offered by Princess Cruises in Cabo San Lucas I see a Dolphin Experience for $99.95 that is 1:15 long and is a short walk from the ship.  The activity is from 10:30 AM to 11:45 AM.   

* If you have done this activity do you have any feedback?

* Once the activity ends we would probably get some lunch.  Do you have any thoughts for what to do in the afternoon that is close by?

Thanks for your thoughts.

Edited by Smokeyham

• Smokeyham changed the title to Cabo San Lucas Dolphin Adventure - Princess ShoreEx - Feedback from those that have been?

I would never do a captive dolphin program in a foreign country. I am surprised Princess supports such programs. Many of the programs in foreign countries use blood dolphins or newly captured dolphins; both of which are equally horrendous.

I have no info on the dolphin experience, but the dolphin center IS just a short walk from where the ship's tenders dock.  

Every trip to Cabo (and I've been many times), we take a "glass bottom boat" trip to the Arch.  The "glass bottom boat" is just a water taxi with a small window in the bottom of the hull for you to see the fish -- kind of disappointing.  But it is a boat ride out to see the Bay and to get a close-up view of Los Arcos, and we never miss it.  The boat will drop you off at a beach if you want -- don't do Lover's Beach/Divorce Beach, go to Medano Beach instead.  This excursion should cost about $10 pp.    I would do this first and then grab lunch.

Lots of restaurants/cafes in the Marina.  And famous bars (Giggling Marlin, Cabo Wabo, etc.) in walking (or pedicab) distance. 

My wife insists on a visit to Hagen Daas for ice cream at Puerto Paraiso Mall every visit, and our water taxi drops us off at the Mall, but I don't recommend this mall unless you need Harley merchandise; all we ever get there is ice cream.  Oh, the mall also has those fish that eat dead skin from your feet if you want that.  I'll keep my callouses!

• Like 1