Quantum OTS Extended in Singapore through October 2021

You have a population that hasn’t been able to travel in over a year without some type of quarantine and it doesn’t look like that will end soon.  I’ve noticed the prices from Apr-Jun are now double what they had been when fist announced with lots of sailing having categories fully booked.  

With Australia continuing their suspension and other parts of the world slow to resume it makes sense to stay and keep some revenue coming in.  

Too bad they couldn’t switch out ships to give people a new experience but the demand is definitely here. 

1 hour ago, Sail n Snow said:

You have a population that hasn’t been able to travel in over a year without some type of quarantine and it doesn’t look like that will end soon.  I’ve noticed the prices from Apr-Jun are now double what they had been when fist announced with lots of sailing having categories fully booked.  

With Australia continuing their suspension and other parts of the world slow to resume it makes sense to stay and keep some revenue coming in.  

Too bad they couldn’t switch out ships to give people a new experience but the demand is definitely here. 

I thought Australia domestic cruising had a chance of happening by year end. Guess not.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Ethanol95 said:

I thought Australia domestic cruising had a chance of happening by year end. Guess not.

I'm still hopeful but a lot will have to happen between now and then for it to go ahead.

We're booked on Quantum out of Brisbane on a Queensland only cruise at the end of December.

Still got fingers crossed but won't be surprised if it doesn't happen 

I don't think we'll get an answer before September because they'll likely extend our cruise ship ban another three months in June taking us up to mid September 

Our vaccine rollout has been slower than expected with them saying all adults should be able to get it (at least first jab) by October but that could be extended out depending how it goes.

I guess the authorities would be unlikely to give approval to restart before full vaccination is available to all adults so our cruise in December probably is unlikely but I haven't completely given up on it yet but I might be delusional 😁

There has been talk of a travel bubble with SIngapore so perhaps we will be able to cruise out of there sooner than we are able to cruise in our waters again.

19 minutes ago, BecAus said:

There has been talk of a travel bubble with SIngapore so perhaps we will be able to cruise out of there sooner than we are able to cruise in our waters again.

Yes currently it’s a one way bubble. Those entering from Australia only quarantine until the PCR test comes back the next day.  

but there is hope! https://www.straitstimes.com/singapore/transport/singapore-australia-bubble-might-just-work

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...