FCC Now Cash Refundable

Sailing78

We were refused the refund last summer .... as I was not aware of the “refund offer” in April 2020.  (My elderly mother fell and broke her shoulder — as caregiver all Cruise stuff took a very back seat to my concerns.  It was months (July), before I returned to tying up loose ends.)  NCL - via telephone calls - didn’t care.  I wrote an appeal letter to the President/CEO a few weeks ago... haven’t heard back.

😝 

• 3 months later...

We booked back-to-back cruises for February 2021, departing from Singapore.  NCL cancelled the first cruise while we were on a layover London, on our way to Singapore.  We had to then scramble to find an affordable flight back to the US.  We waited for NCL to cancel the 2nd cruise, but again, it was just 1 week before sailing and they still had not cancelled.  However, NCL did offer us FCC in a "Peace of Mind" (POM) email, which we were happy to take, as the alternative would be no refund at all.  The POM required us to book another cruise by the end of May 2021, which they subsequently changed to end of  December 2021.  The day after we cancelled, NCL cancelled the cruise.  We have wanted to book something for 2022, but we have been watching the poor vaccination rate in various world areas, and we feel that we cannot make a good decision by the end of 2021.  Somehow, I became aware in August 2021 that NCL had changed its refund policies, so I sent in an online application on August 13.  I stated that the reason for my request matches their new policy to convert FCC to a refund "Guest elected to cancel via our Peace of Mind (POM) policy and the sailing did not take place as a result of our suspension of voyages".  I received an email within a few days stating that we did meet the criteria, and that we would receive another email after a final review of our request. Exactly one month later, we saw that the FCC had been removed from our NCL accounts, and two days afterward, we saw the refund to our credit card in the amount we had requested.  We will definitely be sailing with NCL in the future, as soon as we feel that it is safe to travel to the places we want to go.  

• Like 1