Air Promo 2nd passenger flies free

CruiseDuck

1 hour ago, pghflyer said:

Are people seriously getting CREDITS (discount on their cruise package price) by asking to arrive earlier/ later? I find this incredible from their perspective as it is a customization and slightly more effort. Is it because they get more assurance people won't miss the ship and/or they save more than $25 per person because fares are somehow cheaper in small towns where the ship is the main thing filling planes on arrival/ departure days?

So me and wife get this BOGO flight deal on our cruise and then decide to arrive 1 day early and leave 1 day later.....and get an additional $100 discount on our cruise? ($25 per guest per deviation according to https://www.ncl.com/airservicestandar

I'm under the impression that if you wish to arrive earlier or leave later, then the credit is from the elimination of the transfers, which are only good if you take their air when they want to, not when you want to.

Yikes,  I hope not. They want $100 each for my transfers, so that would be significant to still have to eat those. I was under the impression those were easily/ simply removed by calling and saying you would be getting yourself to the port.

• Like 2

35 minutes ago, pghflyer said:

Yikes,  I hope not. They want $100 each for my transfers, so that would be significant to still have to eat those. I was under the impression those were easily/ simply removed by calling and saying you would be getting yourself to the port.

If you want to stay a day early and leave a day later than your cruise dates, the only thing you'll need to do is let NCL know so that they will remove the transfer costs

From the T&Cs:

"Deviation Requests:

• Deviation requests up to 2 days pre/post cruise will be credited $25 USD per person per deviation for guests 1 and 3-8 on the reservation. No other deviation requests will be permitted.
  • Date deviations can be added up to 75 days prior to embarkation; once flight is ticketed, date deviations can no longer be requested. The following ships/sailings have 60 days prior: Gem 8/9/21-10/17/21; Jade 7/20/21-11/7/21 and Joy 8/1/21-10/16/21.
  • Secondary land package must be selected.
  • Hotel add-on is not required for deviation request to apply.
  • Deviation credit is non-refundable and non-transferable."
  • Like 1

Thanks so back to the incredible situation where they are paying me (deviation credits) to vacation longer, I would have never guessed. 🙂

What is the "secondary land package" that must be selected? Just a legalese way of saying "get your own taxi to and from the port?" Wish they just wrote some of this in plain 'ol dummy language.

Edited by pghflyer

21 minutes ago, All-ready2cruise said:

Hotel add-on is not required for deviation request to apply.

This is what's important for you.  I believe the secondary land packages are the pre cruise land packages associated with Alaska or Hawai'ian cruises.  

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/26/2021 at 9:20 AM, pghflyer said:

Thanks so back to the incredible situation where they are paying me (deviation credits) to vacation longer, I would have never guessed. 🙂

What is the "secondary land package" that must be selected? Just a legalese way of saying "get your own taxi to and from the port?" Wish they just wrote some of this in plain 'ol dummy language.

I'm also curious just what the secondary land package is??? 

• 1 year later...
On 5/17/2021 at 8:16 AM, step78 said:

For booking made thru NCL US....

european deviation is 30 days +/- cruise

I know this is an old thread, and pre-pandemic, but are you sure European embarkation can have up to a 30-day deviation?   I literally just got off the phone for a Portugal cruise, and the max is 2 days embark and/or debark deviation.  This is NCL USA.

On 4/7/2021 at 8:52 PM, CruiseDuck said:

We have recently booked a cruise for May 22 2022 from London to Reykjavik, Iceland. Our cruise promotion includes an air promo for a free flight for the 2nd passenger. We want to stay a few days in Reykjavik, Iceland so we asked the Norwegian Rep if we could do that with our flight. She was rather unclear on if we can extend our time. We will ask again but thought I would check here and see what others have experienced if they could go early and visit the departure location a few days early or stay at the end of the cruise and few days before flying home. 

Make sure  you request any deviations at least 75 days prior to your departure.  They will not even consider a deviation after that period.