Anyone heard rumours of Brooklyn Cruise Terminal closure till mid 22?

ace2542

Living in NY, it's not something that I heard anything about (as of yet).  I personally think that it would be WAY premature to make that assumption. That's a year from now! I'm hoping things will be  A LOT better in another year. If it's not, we and the world are in serious  trouble....

In a quick news search, I didn't find any mention of the Brooklyn Terminal since May of last year.  Their website has no posted schedule, just links to the corporate sites of the cruise lines that have used it in the past.   It's not normally "open" unless the cavernous baggage hall space is booked for some non-cruise event.  Perhaps any rumors to it being "closed" until 2022 are referring to event rentals.

• Like 1

The Bayonne Cruise Terminal is owned by the Port Authority of New York and New Jersey. The Brooklyn and Manhattan Cruise Terminals, however, are operated by NYCruise, an agency of New York City.  So I don't think they fall under common management, and I'd be surprised that a statement covering both would/could be made.

Since Royal Caribbean, and it's subsidiary lines, are the only occupants of the Bayonne Terminal, if RCI has no plans on resuming before 2022, that could explain the statement. But it would only apply to Bayonne.

• Thanks 1

• 1 month later...

I just received an email notification that my voyage on QM2 1/3/22 is going to happen so I think they would also mention the ship would be leaving from a different terminal?  No mention of any changes.

• Like 1