Celebrity dock in Dominican Republic

sandancer

I am a little confused about Amber Cove. I read on here that the dock was built by Carnival. Does that mean only Carnival ships dock there?  On our cruise itinerary is refers to Puerto Plata but there appears to be 2 docks. We loved Grand Turk and Amber Cove sounds a little like that. Anyone know where Celebrity docks?

On 4/9/2021 at 5:23 PM, sandancer said:

I am a little confused about Amber Cove. I read on here that the dock was built by Carnival. Does that mean only Carnival ships dock there?  On our cruise itinerary is refers to Puerto Plata but there appears to be 2 docks. We loved Grand Turk and Amber Cove sounds a little like that. AAnyone know where Celebrity docks?

Amber Cove is where Carnival docks, yes.

Taino Bay Puerto Plata Cruise Port is currently under construction and will be used by most other cruise lines expressing interest.  It is supposed to be a very inclusive Port dock (like Amber Cove and Costa Maya port) with a pool, cabanas, possible beachfront, marine habitat. Monkey Jungle, etc.....

You can find some preliminary info online, here's a couple of articles: 

https://www.cruisemapper.com/ports/puerto-plata-port-14370

https://www.seatrade-cruise.com/news-headlines/exclusive-costa-mayas-parent-develop-new-puerto-plata-cruise-port 

Hope this helps! 🙂

Edited by Liverpoolfan181

• 1 year later...
  • 4 weeks later...
On 7/9/2022 at 6:04 AM, jstewa22 said:

We'll be on Celebrity Constellation on Dec. 2, 2022, anyone know where she docks in Puerto Plata?  Taino Bay or Amber Cove?  Thanks!

Taino Bay! Amber Cove is exclusively Carnival. Will be there in October. Have fun!

Thanks, Matty.

By the way, we're thinking about taking a taxi over to Playa Sosua when we're there, have you or anyone else been there?  Worth the trip?

Thanks again, enjoy your October trip!