Email your US Senators

Miadessa

Nobody wants cruises to resume more than me.  But....just this afternoon’s news says we are a long way from being out of the virus woods still.   Variant spreading still, many countries back to rising cases and deaths, and more restriction being imposed again.  Until this is better controlled, just too many uncertainties for anyone or countries to just turn it loose yet. My opinion based on the data. Wish it wasn’t. 

• Like 5

30 minutes ago, roger001 said:

Nobody wants cruises to resume more than me.  But....just this afternoon’s news says we are a long way from being out of the virus woods still.   Variant spreading still, many countries back to rising cases and deaths, and more restriction being imposed again.  Until this is better controlled, just too many uncertainties for anyone or countries to just turn it loose yet. My opinion based on the data. Wish it wasn’t. 

Which is why the only way to open up cruising is to require vaccination.  I signed the CLIA request.  And I only want to cruise with other vaccinated passengers.

• Like 5

1 minute ago, iamaqt2 said:

Which is why the only way to open up cruising is to require vaccination.  I signed the CLIA request.  And I only want to cruise with other vaccinated passengers.

Only way I'd be doing it for a long time.  

• Like 3

35 minutes ago, roger001 said:

I agree with you. Sadly its not just cruises its other things like concerts, being comfortable at a baseball game, any large gathering. I look at 7 day case averages and they seem to be flat after a downward exponential slope for a while. 

One of the good things is it seems the last few days an additional .8% of the population gets completely vaccinated.

3 hours ago, roger001 said:

Yeah. But they are trying to creat COVID bubbles for cruising. Maybe not as rigorous as a pro sports team to TV production, but pretesting, testing at embarkation, vaccinated people only, masks, and distancing. It is a heck of a lot safer than the flights I take weekly. 

• Like 3

I emailed my senators to ask them to ensure cruising doesn’t resume until all passengers and crew can be fully vaccinated and that those vaccinations can be securely validated. I don’t in anyway trust people to self report on this. Witness all the people on these forums that would simply lie and say they had taken the vaccine.

Edited by pmd98052
  • Like 7

58 minutes ago, pmd98052 said:

I emailed my senators to ask them to ensure cruising doesn’t resume until all passengers and crew can be fully vaccinated and that those vaccinations can be securely validated. I don’t in anyway trust people to self report on this. Witness all the people on these forums that would simply lie and say they had taken the vaccine.

If I send anything to my representatives, it's going to be something very similar.  Especially the "securely validated" part.  

My wife and I had previously thought a vax requirement would be part of us returning to cruising.  But, over the past few weeks I've come to realize that it has to be validated and that likely isn't ever going to happen.  

I've been vaccinated and I have the card.  But those cards are very easy to forge and I am pretty sure that the hospital that vaccinated me would never be able to validate exactly who it was they vaccinated (they have my name and affiliation only).   I suspect there is no reliable way to validate who has been vaccinated.  I guess it's going to be a much longer time than I thought before I cruise again.

• Like 1

I swear I don't intend to only bear bad news.  I want to cruise.  But with news like this AP article this morning, I just can't see how cruises can possibly be approved to resume.  Yes, maybe a cruise to no where within a sterile ship bubble could be done....or approved.  Beyond that, for now I just don't see approvals happening.  I've got some doubts about some of these already scheduled out of foreign ports happening even.  And I'm referring to the ability of US folks going cruising, not just cruises restricted to only select country EU guests.   I am considering my view of reality rather than wishful thinking.  Wish it wasn't.  

https://apnews.com/article/coronavirus-cases-deaths-surge-worldwide-11ddf6338570db2f8c355d8e53a9b240

• Like 2

As evident in MI and NY, there is no such thing as just waiting out COVID and hoping that everything will magically be gone one day.  With that said, precautions like vaccines, ventilation changes, etc. on cruise ships are a must.  Unfortunately, if some relieve is not allow with appropriate precautions, these cruise lines are bound to go into bankruptcy one at a time.  

13 hours ago, Kamfish642 said:

As evident in MI and NY, there is no such thing as just waiting out COVID and hoping that everything will magically be gone one day.  With that said, precautions like vaccines, ventilation changes, etc. on cruise ships are a must.  Unfortunately, if some relieve is not allow with appropriate precautions, these cruise lines are bound to go into bankruptcy one at a time.  

LOL 😂