How do you calculate the 25% additional credit?

Chewbecca

Hi - we had an October 2020 cruise cancelled and received the above perk. We used it to book a Med cruise this summer which we think is unlikely to be possible for us (UK) so want to move the booking to one of the UK sailings which is fine.

My query is, is it 25% of the value of the new booking or original booking?

So is it possible to improve the cabin grade and get 25% off the new, higher price?

Many thanks in advance for any advice!

It's 25% on what you've paid e.g. if you only paid the deposit of say £100 pp, you'll get £125 back pp in credit. If you paid it all off and it was say £1000 pp, you'll get £1250 pp in credit. If your new booking is less, you can use the credit for other things like drinks, restaurant pre-bookings etc otherwise the credit will lapse. If the new booking is more, including going for a higher grade cabin, you pay the difference.

1 minute ago, Kevin79 said:

... If your new booking is less, you can use the credit for other things ...

When I was using one of our FCCs the MSC rep had to check that the cost of the new booking was a certain percentage over and above the value of the FCC (can’t remember what it was).

3 minutes ago, Beamafar said:

When I was using one of our FCCs the MSC rep had to check that the cost of the new booking was a certain percentage over and above the value of the FCC (can’t remember what it was).

That's just bad form and unfair on customers who want to keep bookings and monies with MSC. In any event, they should welcome customers wanting to book a cheaper cruise with the FCC as it meant they kept the rest.

2 hours ago, Kevin79 said:

That's just bad form and unfair on customers who want to keep bookings and monies with MSC. In any event, they should welcome customers wanting to book a cheaper cruise with the FCC as it meant they kept the rest.

Just found the info I kept - minimum spend for a €1029.03 FCC was €2645.13.

7 hours ago, Kevin79 said:

No so for my booking using an FCC.  I have $649 I have to burn on a 4-day September cruise versus the 7-day that got cancelled.  I also have the extra $100 OBC.  We’ll be restocking fragrances and getting spa treatments on that cruise, maybe even a cabana on YC beach.