Time to get back to cruising NCL

seaman11

11 minutes ago, farmersfight said:

Thanks for confirming I got a good deal on my airfare, lol. Yeah, my airfare in total (R/T) ended up being $768 (for Business class <- free booze, yay!). And this was from the "smallish" Gerald R. Ford airport in Grand Rapids, MI. You would think that flying out of one of United's major hubs (IAH) that your airfare to Dom Rep would've been less than $1501 R/T.

Yes, you've got me pegged as an Aggie (Gig 'Em). I'm actually a Texas Maritime Academy grad (TMA is part of Texas A&M at Galveston). I also lived in Houston for the majority of my working career; in Friendswood, in Webster & in Atascosita. Are you out near Katy (or Brookshire)?

With a CC screen name of DanMartin8602, you are definitely CC Rat Pack material. After all, just insert an "e" in between the "D" and the "a" and you're Dean Martin! How fitting is that? All kidding aside, you're welcome to come join us. If you're interested, just do a quick post on our CC Rat Pack thread, expressing your interest.

Btw, only 2 posts here on CC so far? Welcome to Cruise Critic!

Real good deal on the airfare. And our oldest daughter works for United. I am going to book the air for IAH-DOM for $555 and let the return trip wait. This is the Gem's last scheduled tour out of DOM and I will wait and see where it may reposition to.

I am a half-assed Aggie, spent one year there. One at UofH and then dropped out.

Wife is an Aggie from CCSU, now part of A & M system.

We live in Fulshear, just south of Brookshire.

I will post on the CC Rat Pack later. That takes me back to junior high in the 60's when classmates called me Dean a lot.

• Like 1

On 4/18/2021 at 12:58 PM, coffeebean said:

How are cruise lines going to be able to fill their ships from home ports not in the US with those kind of prices for airfare? Seems impossible to me.

Trust me, prices like that aren't typical. We live in the DC area and can find round trips to the Caribbean for under $400. We chose to use NCL's air and it was $699 for both of us, i.e. $350 each. Not $1400.

They won't have any trouble filling those cabins, too much demand and too many people with vacation dollars lying around. Besides, they're not "filling" the ships anyway, there will be reduced capacity due to social distancing.

• Like 2