Could CDC or the President BAN Americans from cruising?

54 minutes ago, chengkp75 said:

Just like with noro, there will always be those who don't report and isolate, so you have to have measures in place to mitigate the possibility as much as possible.  I could see the requirements for quarantine cabins to be set aside, most of the medical center requirements, including testing facilities, remaining, and certainly procedures to follow if/when a case presents itself to quarantine, treat, and mitigate the spread.  I would see masks and social distancing be contingency procedures for covid cases onboard, just like there are "no self-service buffets" when noro strikes.

I doubt they can do that. People won't put up with staff approaching a person who sneezes, coughs, looks a bit rough,  or a person who gets hay fever on the celeb ships where they have real outdoor grass don't they? and saying you have got Covid get to the medical centre. Though I went to the medical centre and I doubt had Noro. My father used the public toilet for a number 2 you know what I mean a sit down job and the cleaner who came in didn't like the way it sounded and reported it to the nurse who who accused him of having noro until she seen his metformin medication.

Social distancing might be very difficult if the ship is sailing full or what they tell you is full. Imagine trying to socially 6000 on the harmony of the seas. It might be near impossible. The NCL gem on Christmas 2017 was a complete zoo. If you are gonna go down that road then doesn't CDC have to perhaps permanently limit the capacity of ships? Which would not in the long term be financially viable I don't think.