Really odd question

sseknichols

Or maybe just dumb, but it can't be too dumb if it's kind of important to us, right??  🤷‍♂️

Do Mexican Riviera cruises sail far enough out to sea so that you can't see the shoreline the whole time?  When we cruise, we get the balcony rooms and my wife and I enjoy just letting the sea roll by.  Say it's the call of the sea or whatever, but I am so relaxed in those moments.  Seeing the shoreline for half the trip would just kind of blow it. 

We're looking at a possible spring cruise and I was thinking about a non Caribbean cruise for the first time so I am curious...TIA

8 hours ago, 4hunters said:

Yes.  The shore is not visible for the vast majority of the cruise.  Enjoy!

Absolutely agree !!! We've done the Mexican Riviera many times starting in the early 1990's.

Very excited to sail again on RCI Jan 2022.

• 2 weeks later...

We always get a port side balcony on west coast Mexican cruises. If the arrival time in Cabo is later in the morning most lines cruise close to the beautiful Baja peninsula.  it is gorgeous,  from the blue water, to the strip of empty beaches to the rugged mountains.  It is our favorite part of the cruise.

On the way back, they do not do this.  If you want to see almost nothing but water,  go starboard.  

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I've been on this itinerary many times, most of the time you cannot see the shoreline except passing the point Guerrero Negro off in the distance and then Cabo, then of course the mainland as you get closer to that.