Hyatt Place Fort Lauderdale Cruiseport

shiner6

Based on recommendations from Cruisecritic members, I booked this hotel for my last January cruise with free cancellation.  Well, of course, cruise was cancelled, so I called the hotel directly and cancelled 48 hours ahead of time.   I have yet to receive a refund and all of my inquiries go unanswered. Has anyone else had this problem with HYATT?  I had stayed with them for years all over the country and never had a single problem. Any advice?    I have emailed both the hotel directly as well as Corporate.

That is a long time.  Have you tried filing a dispute with your credit card company?  The other way I have gotten customer service with other corporations is posting polite, yet firm details to their Facebook, Twitter or other Social Media accounts.  

This has never happened to us either.....However I would "call" corporate directly and speak to a live responsive human who can check on this immediately and take care of this before you hang up.

Many companies in the travel industry have been slower than slow to process refunds. We had a similar situation with Renaissance a few months back. Phone calls and emails didn’t work. Calling the hotel directly didn’t work. I finally submitted a dispute with the credit card company. The refund was processed within a few days. I encourage you to do the same and contact your credit card company.