Floriade 2022

I'm interested in cruises that will dock in Amsterdam and provide tours to Floriade.  Would like at least two days at Floriade.  I'm not interested in river cruises.  

Any cruises around the British Isles that might make a detour over to Amsterdam for this once every ten years exposition?

Any suggestions?

Another option for you might be a cruise that starts or ends in Amsterdam. Almere is easy to reach by train from Amsterdam.

• Like 2

I would suggest a cruise from Amsterdam also.  It is a lovely city.  If you do that, you can arrive several days precruise and see Keukenhof gardens also.  In the Spring it is breathtaking.  We were lucky to also see the Floriade and thought it amazing also, but I think the gardens topped it!

11 hours ago, TeaBag said:

I would suggest a cruise from Amsterdam also.  It is a lovely city.  If you do that, you can arrive several days precruise and see Keukenhof gardens also.  In the Spring it is breathtaking.  We were lucky to also see the Floriade and thought it amazing also, but I think the gardens topped it!

Please remember Keukenhof is only open in spring. In general from mid March till beginning of May. 

The official website of the Floriade https://floriade.com/en/ has lots of interesting information.
The Floriade is set to be open from April 14, 2022 until October 9, 2022. 
Visitors that want to combine the Floriade with a visit to the Keukenhof or the flower fields, will need to time their visit in the last 2 weeks of April and the first week of May. I should note that these 3 weeks are peak peak peak peak season for Amsterdam and surroundings in a normal year, combine that with the Floriade and I expect it to be absolute madness. So if you just want to see the Floriade, I would plan my visit for after mid May. 

Edited by Dutch_Travelgirl