NCL vaccination policy?

39august

The CDC seal is on my COVID vaccine card, also.  Mine also has the batch, and shot number along with the signature of the administrator, as well as where I received the vaccine.  These are numbers associated with the administrator and the location (my County's Health Service).

Given you have to offer proof of a vaccination to NCL (and probably the other cruise lines), at least 2 weeks before sailing, there will be ample time for them to see the legitimacy of your claim.

Further, I would bet if someone shares their news of a counterfeited vaccine card, it will be even easier to find and prosecute them.

People are acting like it's going to be so easy to get and use a counterfeit COVID Vaccine card.  I would beg to differ.  And, we all know, the first person who is caught and prosecuted under Federal Statutes will be a real eye opener for those who may attempt the same thing.

Again, you're messing with peoples' health.  Why in the world would you want to put another's health at risk by doing such a thing?  What kind of person would do that?

• Like 2

Moreover, as the referenced video points out, why in the world would you try to buy a CDC Vaccine card from a scammer, giving them your credit card?

You're willing to give your personal information and cc # to someone who's doing something illegal to begin with?

Or, you're willing to commit a federal crime by counterfeiting one yourself?

I don't want to be anywhere that someone is that gullible or ignorant to do any of that!

• Like 3

15 minutes ago, graphicguy said:

The CDC seal is on my COVID vaccine card, also.  Mine also has the batch, and shot number along with the signature of the administrator, as well as where I received the vaccine.  These are numbers associated with the administrator and the location (my County's Health Service).

Given you have to offer proof of a vaccination to NCL (and probably the other cruise lines), at least 2 weeks before sailing, there will be ample time for them to see the legitimacy of your claim.

Further, I would bet if someone shares their news of a counterfeited vaccine card, it will be even easier to find and prosecute them.

People are acting like it's going to be so easy to get and use a counterfeit COVID Vaccine card.  I would beg to differ.  And, we all know, the first person who is caught and prosecuted under Federal Statutes will be a real eye opener for those who may attempt the same thing.

Again, you're messing with peoples' health.  Why in the world would you want to put another's health at risk by doing such a thing?  What kind of person would do that?

People who are willing to break the law. Unfortunately, a lot of those people exist.  While I would never use a falsified card to travel, it is currently happening all over the globe and the demand for fake cards is at an all time high. It's a crime to drive without a drivers licence, but I can guarantee you that you share the road with just that.

IMO you are being fairly naive if you believe you are safe just because a venue requires a vaccine to enter (concert, airline, cruise ship).  On the other hand, please note, I don't believe you have anything to fear from an un-vaccinated person sharing your cruise ship. 

It's all a mess.... and fluid. 

In the UK we have the NHS (National Health Service) app on our phones. Every person young or old has a unique number so hospitals and doctors can see all your medication, health history etc. We also use it to order repeat prescriptions.

On my app it says when and where I had my vaccination, the version and batch number. Cards are not acceptable. 

• Like 1

I had my vaccinations at a mass outdoor drive up site. The site was not county or state run but private. When registering on line, the information I gave them was in an email confimation with all that information with the date and time of my appointment. That confirmation also included a bar code. The bar code was the same for my second shot.

I have kept those emails in my "vaccine" folder for future reference if needed. The appointment dates are the same as listed on my CDC card with the logo. Those confirmation emails may just come in handy when I must prove my vaccination.

Hubby, OTOH, did not get any email confirmations for his vaccinations at Winn Dixie pharmacy. He did get the official CDC card with his and the vaccine information on it.

• Like 1